Subject: FW: Apology
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 13:34:50 -0700 (PDT)

Mark and Margaret, 
 Here is email from Amarjit stating that he has gone to India.  His start date was set for this Wednesday, 10/24/01.  He will not be starting that date according to this email and will be out of the country for more than a month. At this point we do not want to pursue offering employment to Amarjit. Please let me know how to proceed or in this case stop all action going forward.

-----Original Message-----
From: Amarjit Singh [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2001 11:28 PM
To: Wells, Malcolm
Subject: Apology

Hi Malcolm,

      Please accept my sincere apology for not being able to join Enron
right now as I had an unavoidable emergency at home that has forced me to
come to India over the weekend.My stay here might stretch to approximately a
month or so.I donot want that the company shall suffer any loss due to my
absense so pls advice accordingly.  Your company offers an invaluable
opportunity, and I would appreciate any consideration you can give me in
rescheduling my joining date after a month.
Pls contact my fiancee Kamal for any urgent issue as I am keeping my
cellphone with her.She would convey the message to me by best means.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

<html><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Amarjit Singh</DIV>
<DIV>408-984-2040</DIV>
<DIV>408-836-7473</DIV></html>

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp