Subject: Windfall Profits Tax
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:56:01 -0700 (PDT)

Jennifer --

Can you get a copy of the SBX2 1 and provide short synopsis?

Thanks,

Jim

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	"Scott Govenar" <[email-masked]>@ENRON [mailto:IMCEANOT[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Monday, August 27, 2001 11:04 AM
To:	Rick Shapiro; Steffes, James D.; Kaufman, Paul; Jeff Dasovich; Kingerski, Harry; Lawner, Leslie; Susan J Mara; Hedy Govenar; Bev Hansen; Mike Day
Subject:	Today's Hearings

The following energy bills will be heard today.

SBX2 78 (Polanco/Sher), SCE MOU, will be heard by the Assembly Energy, Costs
and Availability Committee upon adjournment of the Assembly Transportation
Committee (approximately 2:30 p.m.) in room 437.  Late Friday, Assemblyman
Hertzberg informed his caucus that the Assembly may take this measure up on
the floor as early as today.  Because floor session is currently scheduled
for 11:00 a.m. this would require the Assembly to reconvene late this
afternoon, however, this has not been scheduled and such an action would
likely interfere with several Assembly fundraising events this evening.

SBX2 1 (Soto/Scott), windfall profits tax, will be heard by the Assembly
Revenue and Taxation Committee at 1:30 p.m. in room 126.

SB 532 (Sher), renewable portfolio standard, will be heard by the Assembly
Natural Resources Committee at 1:30 p.m. in room 447.  This measure would
require DWR and/or the IOUs to purchase specified amounts of renewable
energy.