Subject: RE: honduras
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:24:46 -0700 (PDT)

Further info:

The Bay Islands are located about 40 miles north of the coast of Honduras in
the western Caribbean Sea. The largest of the Bay Islands, Roatan measures
approximately 29 miles long and 2 miles wide. A mountainous ridge runs along
the center of the island creating scenic hiking through tropical trees,
pockets of rainforest, vines and flowers to dramatic vistas overlooking the
ocean and reef. Along the coast are diverse ecosystems from intricate
mangroves and dramatic iron shore coastline to beautiful sandy beaches and
inlets. And of course, just a short distance from shore is the barrier reef
that has made Roatan famous for spectacular diving.

The average temperature in Roatan is a balmy 80 F. The trade winds provide a
constant gentle breeze. 

The Islanders speak both English and Spanish and welcome the tourist trade.
The island has a modern airport, phones, faxes, paved road, and electricity;
however, Roatan is still laid-back! Everyone operates on "island time" which
allows for conversation, a second cup of hot Honduran coffee and a chance to
enjoy the peaceful surroundings. There are no shopping malls or fancy
nightclubs. This is the place for quiet mornings on the dock with a
fresh-picked mango; hammock time with the sunset and a tropical drink; fun
nights at the local disco; and of course, diving and snorkeling!

This might be a little cryptic, but here are some averages:
[NL]Roatan, Honduras[NL]Click a month to see the details for that month. The
details for each day of the selected month are shown below. 
[PARA]	Jan	Feb	Mar	Apr	May	Jun	Jul	Aug	Sep
Oct	Nov	Dec
Avg. High	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A
N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A
Avg. Low	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A
N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A
Mean	75?F	75?F	78?F	80?F	83?F	82?F	82?F	82?F	81?F
79?F	77?F	76?F
Avg. Precip.	N/A	N/A	8.90 in	4.70 in	3.00 in	6.10 in	6.90 in	7.80
in	8.00 in	N/A	N/A	N/A

	Daily Averages and Records

[PARA][NL]Roatan, Honduras[NL]December[NL]Sunrise and Sunset Times are in
local standard time for 2001 
[PARA]	25	26	27	28	29	30	31

Sunrise	6:11 AM 	6:12 AM 	6:12 AM 	6:13 AM 	6:13
AM 	6:13 AM 	6:14 AM 	  	  	  	  	  
Sunset	5:21 PM	5:22 PM	5:23 PM	5:23 PM	5:24 PM	5:24 PM	5:25 PM

Avg. High	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	null

Avg. Low	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	N/A	null

Mean	75?F	75?F	75?F	75?F	75?F	75?F	null

Cameron Sellers
Vice President, Business Development
PERFECT
1860 Embarcadero Road - Suite 210
Palo Alto, CA 94303
[email-masked]
650.798.3366 (direct dial)
650.269.3366 (cell)
650.858.1095 (fax)

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Prentice Sellers [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:	Wednesday, October 17, 2001 10:33 PM
To:	Cameron Sellers; [email-masked]
Cc:	[email-masked]
Subject:	RE: honduras

 << File: Map of Honduras and Belize.doc >> See attached document...

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Sellers [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 6:04 PM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: honduras

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have taken the time to listen to all of
your concerns and have responded below appropriately.

Question 1: my "need" would more appropriately be characterized as a
"desire" (something that, according to my buddhism class yesterday, would be
beneficial to give up if I want to achieve true happiness). The desire,
however, is related to the possibility of spending a fair amount of time in
diving locations during my honeymoon. Due to the limited amount of vacation
time I am alotted from my employer, I am going to find it necessary to
forego all vacation opportunities for the next 10 months (other than this
week between Christmas and New Years) and hence find it necessary to use the
specified time to obtain the coveted certification. No, I am not interested
in getting certified in Monterey Bay.

Question 2: As far as I know the weather is quite pleasant year round. I
know the place we intend to go is on an island off the eastern coast of
Honduras. I hope to provide you with a more deailed answer after consulting
reliable travel guides and weather almanacs.

Question 3: The diving is supposed to be quite "killer" (as you put it). I
have a direct recommendation from my travel obsessed friend, jessica, who
just got certified there a couple months ago and has provided me with both
information and endorsements. Yes, Belizeis supposed to be very good also,
but the island we would be going to is practcally in Belize. Please refer to
a map of Honduras (which shall be provided at a later date).

I apprecieate your questions and coments and await your reply.

Sincerely,

Cameron

--------------------------
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

-----Original Message-----
From: Dasovich, Jeff <[email-masked]>
To: Cameron Sellers <[email-masked]>; PP <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed Oct 17 17:30:02 2001
Subject: RE: honduras

Interesting.

Question 1: Please explain the following line from your note: "I really
need to get certified for diving."

Question 2: How hot is it down there?

Question 3: Cheap is good, but if you're going to travel that far to
dive, is the diving good there, or is there another place (like Beliz)
where the diving is supposed to be killer?

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Sellers [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 7:24 PM
To: Dasovich, Jeff; 'PP'
Subject: honduras

I asked PP if she was interested in going to Honduras between xmas and
new
years this year.  I really need to get certified for diving and the
diving
there is extremely cheap, but reliable (its an American outfit and all
PADI).  PP thought she might be interested in going and doing it with
me.
So, first I wanted to know what you thought of the whole thing.  Then,
if
you are into it at all I will look into flight opportunities (staying
down
there and the scuba course and single dives are all very cheap, but the
flight would be the most expensive).  And, last, do you have miles on
continental and are they miles that PP can take advantage of also?  I
think
Continental goes to San Salvador which is a common connecting city.  So,
you
might luck out on flight costs and the whole trip would not be too bad.
What do you think?

Cameron Sellers
Vice President, Business Development
PERFECT
1860 Embarcadero Road - Suite 210
Palo Alto, CA 94303
[email-masked]
650.798.3366 (direct dial)
650.269.3366 (cell)
650.858.1095 (fax)

**********************************************************************
This e-mail is the property of Enron Corp. and/or its relevant affiliate and
may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the
intended recipient (s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by
others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or
authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender or reply
to Enron Corp. at [email-masked] and delete all
copies of the message. This e-mail (and any attachments hereto) are not
intended to be an offer (or an acceptance) and do not create or evidence a
binding and enforceable contract between Enron Corp. (or any of its
affiliates) and the intended recipient or any other party, and may not be
relied on by anyone as the basis of a contract by estoppel or otherwise.
Thank you.
**********************************************************************