Subject: AB 23XX Bad Bill Alert
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:43:00 -0700 (PDT)

Harry --

Can you track down this bill and determine impact?  We'll discuss on Thursday.

Jim
---------------------- Forwarded by James D Steffes/NA/Enron on 07/17/2001 07:43 AM ---------------------------

MDay <[email-masked]> on 07/16/2001 06:03:33 PM
To:	"'Bev Hansen, Enron lobbyist'" <[email-masked]>, "'Hedy Govenar, Enron Sacto lobbyist'" <[email-masked]>, "'Scott Govenar, Enron lobbyist'" <[email-masked]>, "'Harry Kingerski'" <[email-masked]>, "'Jim Steffes, Enron'" <[email-masked]>
cc:	 

Subject:	AB 23XX   Bad Bill Alert

Is AB 23XX moving with a chance of passage?   I just learned that this
Pescetti bill that was AB 1425 was revived as a 2X bill.  It is very
anti-competitive, and could hurt a number of TW, EES, or ENA gas deals by
binding customers to 100% utility service through the imposition of large
exit fees by the CPUC.  If there is a chance that it moves, we need to
discuss the effect of this bill.  Mike Day

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0001-0050/abx2_23_bill_20010625_amend
ed_sen.pdf