Subject: Computing Services OUTAGE for Friday, July 13th
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

Please respond to Haas Computing Services Dear Haas Community,

  Friday, July 13th, 2001, between 5:00 PM and midnight, several servers
will be shut down so a Dell technician can install upgrades to the Haas
Storage Area Network software and firmware.  These upgrades will permit
expanding our data storage to meet your growing needs.  The servers
affected will include the NT web server WEB, the file servers HCS-DATA and
HCS-DATA2, and the logon profile server HCS-MASTER.

  While WEB is down, web access to all NT based Web sites, including the
EDULINK Career Services, Registration, and Admissions modules, Reserve,
Event Center, group sites, course sites, and Helpdesk will be interrupted.
While HCS-DATA , HCS-DATA2, and  HCS-MASTER.   are down, logon to the  Haas
NT domain will not be very slow, and roaming profiles and home directories
will not be available.

Email services should not be affected.

As always,  should you experience any problems with computing services
following the maintenance, please contact the information desk in the
Computer Center, or helpdesk at http://helpdesk.haas.berkeley.edu, phone
510/642-0434.  Please note that Helpdesk is not manned evenings and
weekends.  Requests for help logged during the weekend will be responded to
Monday morning.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-----------------------
Haas Computing Services