Subject: RE: UC/CSU PG&E meter data
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

Jim et al: 
Based on our experience with PG&E's refusal to accept the data from a 
customer-owned meter for calculating the cogen payments (ie. SJSU), we need 
to defer the Santa Cruz meter installation. 
I will need to get a 'read' from PG&E before we waste any of the UCSC's 
money. 
I have asked Jeff Dasovich to include this issue in his Rule 21 and 22 
arguments before the CPUC. More fireworks to follow. Dirk  

-----Original Message-----
From: Wright, James 
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 1999 7:59 PM
To: Huddleson,Diann
Cc: Pollard, Geoff; vanUlden, Dirk; O'Jones, Deborah; Smoot,Robert; Rank, 
Stephan; Bosley,Annamaria; Messina,Jeff
Subject: RE: UC/CSU PG&E meter data

Diann,

This issue has been around awhile.  It is an important one to resolve.  You 
broke the logjam.  Thanks.

I propose the following tasks to get started:

? Validate the list of meters below to insure that it is complete -  Action: 
OMD
? Identify the full life cycle cost impact per campus and account - Action: 
OMD
? Send letters to each campus to offer the meter change, identify the value 
and benefits of the change, clarify schedule and cost impacts and request 
confirmation of their willingness to change out the meters - Action: Draft by 
OMD, review and distribution by AM
? Investigate the installation of transdata meters with or without phone 
lines to replace the Santa Cruz cogen meters - Action: CSC

Also, I would like to investigate the possibility of extending the 
EnergySense "no cost" option beyond 12/99.  Its value is just beginning to be 
utilized because of the many missteps in the beginning.  I would recommend a 
year extension.  If approved, this should be included in the letter to the 
customer.

Let's talk while I am in Houston next week.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Huddleson,Diann 
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 1999 10:03 AM
To: Wright, James
Cc: Pollard, Geoff; vanUlden, Dirk; O'Jones, Deborah; Smoot,Robert; 
Bosley,Annamaria
Subject: Re: UC/CSU PG&E meter data

Jim, I suppose the first thing we need to do is make sure the campuses are 
amenable to this.  As I recall, the reason we used existing IDR meters was to 
mitigate the cost to the campuses.   The only instance where we were not able 
to change PGE's meters was at Santa Cruz (cogen), but we may be able to come 
up with a different solution with Steve Krein and Ben Garcia's input.

How should we proceed?
---------------------- Forwarded by Diann Huddleson/HOU/EES on 10/21/99 11:54 
AM ---------------------------

 << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>  Enron Energy 
Services  From:  Robert J Smoot                           10/21/99 10:03 AM 
Phone No: 713-853-7946 

To: Diann Huddleson/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Robert Kettyle/HOU/EES@EES, Clifford R Pelchat/HOU/EES@EES, Annamaria 
Bosley/HOU/EES@EES, James Wright/Western Region/The Bentley Company@Exchange 
Subject: Re: UC/CSU PG&E meter data   << File: Notes Link >> 

Diann,

Your point is well taken.  We need to get the ball rolling and investigate 
the possibility of replacing these IDR meters with Enron meters.  The 
following list of 16 meters are the ones that pose the problems.  For about 
$430/meter, we could eliminate this issue for $6880.  This amount should be 
charged back against the deal, but it really is a small price to pay to 
resolve this menacing issue.  Please initialize the dialogue necessary to 
achieve this goal so we can get to some level of customer satisfaction 
involving this problem.  Your efforts are appreciated and if you need any 
further information, please contact me.

Thanks,
Robert

683T22    Univ. of Calif. - UC Berkeley
2623R6    1161 5th Street - UC Berkeley
None     6701 San Pablo Ave. (UDC Account # YJRN545502) - UC Berkeley
2621R2    Richmond Field Station - UC Berkeley
649T34    MCB - UCSF
2007R6    UCSF CUP 2007R6 - UCSF
6702R9    25 Medical Ctr. Way - UCSF
2008R9    UCSF CUP 2008R6 - UCSF
2025R7    Concord Campus - CSU Hayward
2R0550    3601 19th Avenue - CSU San Fransisco
VT747A    Cogen Out 1 - UCSC
VT632C    Cogen Out 2 - UCSC
3199T8    Main Service - CSU San Jose
2022R7    Main Service - Cal Poly SLO
3144T7    Main Service - MCRC Stockton
20191R1    9002 Stockdale Hwy. - CSU Bakersfield

 << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> 
Diann Huddleson
10/21/99 08:37 AM
To: Robert J Smoot/HOU/EES@EES
cc: James Wright/Western Region/The Bentley Company@Exchange, Robert 
Kettyle/HOU/EES@EES, Annamaria Bosley/HOU/EES@EES, Gay Mayeux/HOU/EES@EES 
Subject: Re: UC/CSU PG&E meter data   << File: Notes Link >> 

Robert, would our problems be solved if we put our own meters in?  Jim, do 
you know of any reason we can't replace these IDR meters with Enron meters?  
I know that Tom C. and I had discussed that last spring, but I never got a 
definite go-ahead to do it.
 
It may be the best solution.  

 << OLE Object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >>  Enron Energy 
Services  From:  Robert J Smoot                           10/21/99 08:04 AM 
Phone No: 713-853-7946 

To: [email-masked] @ ENRON, [email-masked] @ ENRON
cc: Robert Kettyle/HOU/EES@EES, Clifford R Pelchat/HOU/EES@EES, 
[email-masked], Diann Huddleson/HOU/EES@EES, Mark Finkle/Omnicomp@EES, 
Narayan Moni/HOU/EES@EES 
Subject: UC/CSU PG&E meter data

Art and Pat,

We are really under the gun to deliver on this issue involving the PG&E 
meters located throughout the UC/CSU campuses.  We (EEIS) have tried to 
assure those interested parties repeatedly that we will deliver on this 
ability to display PG&E data via EnergySense and have not came close to 
satisfying this commitment.  This has been an ongoing ulcer, so to speak, 
since I came into the loop late last March.  I have been told many reasons 
why we can't display the data and some possible solutions to make this 
evolution happen.  But up to now, no solid answers or solutions have been 
provided.

As you may know, we are providing this service at no charge to the UC/CSU 
campuses until 12-31-99.  At that time, EEIS would like to present this 
service to the campuses in a revenue generating contract.  But unless we get 
this last sticking point involving the PG&E meters resolved, there are some 
vocal critics within the UC/CSU structure that will most likely be opposed to 
the continued usage of the EnergySense product, especially when it would be 
on a pay-for basis from 12-31-99 and beyond.  They (the campuses) view this 
problem as a simple fix.  In fact, one campus's most important meters to view 
are PG&E meters which currently can't be displayed.  This particular location 
has four non-accessible meters via EnergySense and are a result of this PG&E 
problem.

This is becoming a serious customer satisfaction issue that needs to be moved 
up on the priority list and deserves a positive resolution.  We can display 
some of the interval data involving PG&E meters, but not for all of the 
meters.  I have previously forwarded a list of the problem meters to Pat 
Priestley for action.  She did respond that she was working on a resolution, 
but we now must get a quicker remedy in place.  Your cooperation and 
assistance involving this matter will be appreciated.  Should you have any 
questions, please contact me.  I will be looking forward to receiving a 
response on how to solve this issue in a timely manner.  I would like to 
communicate the resolution to the involved parties by the first of next week.

Thanks,
Robert