From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

Dear E204-1 and E204-2 students,

Regarding the Team Assignment #2, I neglected to put the point-count in the 
Points Scoreboard on page 1.? The points assigned should be:
Problem 1:??? 8 pts
Problem 2:? 12 pts

On Personal Problem Set 5 (due May 3/4), the note says NOT to use Linear 
Programming to 
determine the EST, EFT, LST, and LFT times for each activity but instead 
determine them
manually as in lecture.? This direction should have referred to 15.9 (b) and 
(d), so Linear
Programming should not be an issue for the homework.? Creating a spreadsheet 
in part (e)
can be done from the text examples and the spreadsheet example that you have 
in your
Project Management handout (p11).

Elizabeth Joy will hold the Review on Saturday for those looking for 
additonal 
insights on simulation and the initial topics of project management -- 
defining the
network diagram (activity on node), deriving the Early Start Times,  
Early Finish Times (+EST + duration), Late Finish Times, Late Start Times 
(=LFT - duration), 
Total Slack (=LST-EST), Free Slack, Safety Slack, Unshared Slack (=Min{Free 
S, Safety S}),
Critical Path, Project Duration, Linear Programming formulation to Min 
Project Time, etc.

--Tom McCullough

=======================================================================
Tom McCullough
Senior Lecturer
Haas School of Business
University of California at Berkeley
==========================================================================