Subject: Re: AB 23XX Bad Bill Alert
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 05:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

I've taken a quick look at the bill and have attached for easy viewing.  Few 
questions.

Mike, 
I understand from our conversation yesterday that your following this on 
behalf of Questar.  Do we know if the other pipelines have been active in any 
discussions on this bill?
What about the generators?  Have then been involved, since presumably, their 
in need of lots more capacity (and they're referenced in the bill)?
What about large customers?  They been screaming for more infrastructure, 
too, and many have blamed SoCalGas (and the PUC) for not delivering it.
Do we know if pipelines, generators, large customers are supporting or 
opposing the bill?  I'll try to check around, too, in between the electric 
mayhem.
There doesn't seem to be anything in the bill that prevents the interstates 
from building into the state.
If that's true, wouldn't the PUC take those projects into account when doing 
its analysis and only require the utility to construct (and noncore to take) 
capacity that isn't already being met by others (i.e., interstates) bringing 
pipe into the state?

Any info you can provide on these fronts would be very useful.  Don't want 
Enron too far out in front of opposition until we find out a bit more 
regarding 1) whose fer and agin it and 2) analysis of what the bill actually 
does/does not do.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Best,
Jeff

	James D Steffes
	07/17/2001 07:43 AM
		 
		 To: Harry Kingerski/Enron@EnronXGate
		 cc: Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron, Susan J Mara/NA/Enron, Paul 
Kaufman/Enron@EnronXGate
		 Subject: AB 23XX Bad Bill Alert

Harry --

Can you track down this bill and determine impact?  We'll discuss on Thursday.

Jim
---------------------- Forwarded by James D Steffes/NA/Enron on 07/17/2001 
07:43 AM ---------------------------

MDay <[email-masked]> on 07/16/2001 06:03:33 PM
To: "'Bev Hansen, Enron lobbyist'" <[email-masked]>, "'Hedy Govenar, Enron 
Sacto lobbyist'" <[email-masked]>, "'Scott Govenar, Enron lobbyist'" 
<[email-masked]>, "'Harry Kingerski'" <[email-masked]>, "'Jim 
Steffes, Enron'" <[email-masked]>
cc:  

Subject: AB 23XX   Bad Bill Alert

Is AB 23XX moving with a chance of passage?   I just learned that this
Pescetti bill that was AB 1425 was revived as a 2X bill.  It is very
anti-competitive, and could hurt a number of TW, EES, or ENA gas deals by
binding customers to 100% utility service through the imposition of large
exit fees by the CPUC.  If there is a chance that it moves, we need to
discuss the effect of this bill.  Mike Day

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_0001-0050/abx2_23_bill_20010625_amend
ed_sen.pdf