Subject: Re: Hornswoggled & Bamboozled
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:25:00 -0800 (PST)

I'm sending this directly to your mother, Scott.

"When will it end?  Please just let it end!"
 Pauline Kael, response to watching the film, "Ishtar"

	"Scott Laughlin" <[email-masked]>
	11/30/2000 05:47 PM
		 
		 To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Re: Hornswoggled & Bamboozled

How 'bout this:

Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 1:05 PM
Subject: TO GEORGE W. FROM M.MOORE

>Dear Governor and President-in-Waiting Bush:  >  > This has to be the first 
>time in our history that a candidate  > who is losing BOTH the popular vote 
>AND the electoral  > vote insists on being anointed President of the United 
>  > States.  >  > I can understand why you expect this title to be yours. 
>You  > have spent your entire life having everything handed to you.  > You 
>have never had to earn your place. Money and name  > alone have opened 
>every door for you. Without effort or  > hard work or intelligence or 
>ingenuity, you have been  > bequeathed with a life of privilege.  >  > You 
>learned at an early age that, in America, all someone  > like you has to do 
>is show up. You found yourself admitted  > to a wealthy New England 
>boarding school simply because  > your name was Bush. You did not have to 
>EARN your place  > there. It was bought for you.  >  > You then learned you 
>could get into Yale with a "C" average.  > Other, more deserving, students 
>who had worked hard for  > 12 years to earn their place at Yale were denied 
>admittance.  > You got in because your name was Bush.  >  > You got into 
>Harvard the same way. After screwing off  > during your four years at Yale 
>-- and maintaining your "C"  > average -- you took someone's else's seat at 
>Harvard, a seat  > that they had EARNED.  >  > You then pretended to serve 
>a full stint in the Texas Air  > National Guard. But one day, according to 
>the Boston Globe,  > you just skipped out and didn't report back for a year 
>and a  > half to your unit. You didn't have to earn your military record  > 
>because your name was Bush.  >  > After a number of "lost years" that don't 
>appear in your official  > biography, you were given job after job by your 
>daddy and  > other family members -- jobs you didn't have to earn. No 
>matter  > how many of your business ventures failed, there was always  > 
>another one waiting to be handed to you. Finally, you got to  > be a 
>partner in a ball team -- another gift -- even though you  > put up only 
>1/100 of the money for the team. And then you  > convinced the taxpayers of 
>Arlington, Texas, to give you  > another perk -- a brand-new multimillion 
>dollar stadium.  >  > So it is no wonder to me why you think you deserve to 
>be  > named President.  You've haven't earned it or won it --  > therefore 
>it must be yours!  >  > And you see nothing wrong with this.  >  > Why 
>should you? It is the only life you have ever known.  >  > I will never 
>forget the footage of you sitting in your governor's  > mansion the night 
>of the election when it was first declared  > that Gore had won Florida. 
>Surrounded by poppy and mommy,  > and on the phone to your brother the 
>governor of Florida, you  > were a picture of calm. You had not a worry in 
>the world. You  > told the press that your brother had assured you Florida 
>was  > yours. If a Bush said it was so, it was so.  >  > But it ain't so. 
>And when it dawned on you that the Presidency  > had to be earned and won 
>by a vote of the people -- yes, the  > people! -- you went berserk. You 
>sent in hatchet man James  > Baker ("F--- the Jews, they don't vote for us 
>anyway" was his  > advice to Poppy in '92) to tell lies to the American 
>people and  > stoke the nation's fears. When that didn't work, you went to  
> > federal court and sued to stop the votes from being counted  > because 
>you knew how the vote would turn out.  >  > What kills me is how you have 
>turned to the big, bad, federal  > government for help! Was not your 
>mantra, during every  > campaign stop, the following line:  >  > "My 
>opponent trusts the federal government. I TRUST YOU,  > THE PEOPLE!"  >  > 
>So now we learn the truth. You don't trust the people at all.  > You went 
>running to the FEDERAL court to get your handout  > ("Trust the machines, 
>not the people," you pleaded). But the  > judge didn't buy it, and for 
>perhaps the first time in your life,  > someone said "no" to you.  >  > 
>What will you do now? According to the New York Times,  > 90% of your 
>campaign funds came from just 775 American  > millionaires. Oh, that they 
>could bail you out of this mess! I  > wouldn't count on them -- it's not 
>like they have suffered  > financially under Clinton/Gore. They know they 
>will do just fine  > with the Kissin' Fool. I think, my friend, you are on 
>your own.  >  > Mr. Bush, your only hope is that Gore will wimp out and  > 
>throw in the towel. There is ample evidence of how Democrats  > love to 
>cave. You and your right-wing friends know the  > Democrats are weak-kneed 
>and spineless. You remember how  > Al Gore and all the Democrats voted to 
>put that anti-abortion  > zealot Scalia on the Supreme Court -- and how 11 
>Democrats  > made the difference in placing Clarence Thomas there, too?  >  
> > That's your ticket. Spook Gore and his party into believing a  > focus 
>group is mad at them, take a phony poll that backs that  > up, get the 
>gasbag pundits to yammer and hammer him and maybe,  > just maybe, you'll 
>get the latest plumb prize that is not yours to
have.
>  >  > Yours,  >  > Michael Moore  > [email-masked]  > 
>www.michaelmoore.com

______________________________________________________________________________
_______
Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com