Subject: Re: California and DOE Order
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:24:00 -0800 (PST)

Might have perhaps been simpler if Bill "Al Haig" Richardson had announced at 
the press conference yesterday that he was ordering his energy company, BPA, 
to stop "withholding" and send power to California.

	Cynthia Sandherr
	12/14/2000 10:37 AM
		 
		 To: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, Linda 
Robertson/NA/Enron@ENRON, Joe Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Sarah 
Novosel/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Donna Fulton/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Tom 
Briggs/NA/Enron@Enron, Allison Navin/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Mary Hain/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Greg Wolfe/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tim Belden/HOU/ECT@ECT, James D 
Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Susan J Mara/NA/Enron@ENRON, Jeff 
Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron, Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: California and DOE Order

DOE and FERC just briefed the Hill and confirmed they never issued the Order 
yesterday since Bonneville released a lot more power late yesterday.  The 
Administration advised that if the situation warrants, they will indeed issue 
the Order.  This remains a fluid situation with Richardson yesterday 
announcing his intent to "sign an Order" which his staff had not yet written 
while in the interim BPA acted so as to make his announcement moot.

We will continue to apprise you of the developments including reports of 
FERC's surprise site inspections.