Subject: Re: Telecom Services: Broadband Services: USA: Senators renew high-speed Internet tax credit ...
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 02:07:00 -0800 (PST)

Dear Gang:
I don't know about you folks, but I woke up to over 100 emails from Telecom 
Reports today.  It seems to border on spam at this point.  Is anyone else 
having this experience?  The info is very valuable, but I'm wondering if 
there's a way to get, say, 3 emails a day rather than the 50 or more I'm 
currently receiving.

Wondering if the lights will stay on today,
Jeff

	Margo Reyna
	01/24/2001 09:20 AM
		 
		 To: Sue Nord/NA/Enron@Enron, Scott Bolton/Enron Communications@Enron 
Communications, Tracy Cooper/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Lara 
Leibman/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Donald Lassere/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications, Mona L Petrochko/NA/Enron@Enron, Barbara 
A Hueter/NA/Enron@Enron, Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron, Susan M 
Landwehr/NA/Enron@Enron, Marchris Robinson/NA/Enron@Enron, Ricardo 
Charvel/NA/Enron@Enron, Stephen D Burns/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Xi Xi/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications, Matthew Jachimiak/HOU/ECT@ECT, William 
Patrick Lewis/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Neslage/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Gia Maisashvili/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Telecom Services: Broadband Services: USA:    Senators renew 
high-speed Internet tax credit ...

Margo Reyna
Regulatory Analyst
Enron Corp., Government Affairs
Phone:  713-853-9191

----- Forwarded by Margo Reyna/NA/Enron on 01/24/2001 09:19 AM -----

	[email-masked]
	01/23/2001 05:56 PM
	Please respond to nobody
		 
		 To: [email-masked]
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Telecom Services: Broadband Services: USA:    Senators renew 
high-speed Internet tax credit ...

USA: Senators renew high-speed Internet tax credit bill. 
  
01/23/2001 
Reuters English News Service 
(C) Reuters Limited 2001. 
WASHINGTON, Jan 23 (Reuters) - A bill that would encourage businesses to 
bring high-speed Internet access to underserved areas was reintroduced in the 
Senate on Tuesday, with the hopes that President Bush would include the item 
in his budget.
Computers equipped with a "broadband" or high-speed Internet connection can 
download information at a rate of up to 1.5 megabits per second, or about 25 
times faster than a standard, dial-up connection. While broadband access is 
currently available in many business districts and affluent residential 
neighborhoods, the service has not yet spread to less affluent or more 
sparsely populated areas. 
The bill would provide a five-year, 10 percent tax credit to Internet 
companies that extend broadband service to rural or underserved urban areas.
Companies who build "next generation" networks, with download speeds of up to 
22 megabits per second, would receive a 20 percent, five-year credit.
The bill was introduced by Republican senators Olympia Snowe of Maine and 
Orrin Hatch of Utah, and Democrats Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia and John 
Kerry of Massachusetts. It was co-sponsored by 32 other senators.
The 36 senators sent a letter to President Bush urging him to include the 
bill in his initial budget proposal.
The bill attracted the support of 59 senators and 115 House members last 
year, the letter claimed. 

Folder Name: Telecom Services: Broadband Services 
Relevance Score on Scale of 100: 83

______________________________________________________________________ 
To review or revise your folder, visit Dow Jones CustomClips or contact Dow 
Jones Customer Service by e-mail at [email-masked] or by phone 
at 800-369-7466. (Outside the U.S. and Canada, call 609-452-1511 or contact 
your local sales representative.) 
______________________________________________________________________ 
Copyright (c) 2001 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved