Subject: Re: Urgent - Steve Kean to testify at Senate hearing, need info
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:25:00 -0800 (PST)

One note: recall that with respect to market manipulation, one of the most 
common accusations focused on the problems caused by the PX manipulation the 
utilities engaged in thanks to their monopsony (demand-side bidding) market 
power.

Jeff

	Elizabeth Linnell
	01/26/2001 12:24 PM
		 
		 To: Mary Schoen/NA/Enron@Enron, David Parquet/SF/ECT@ECT, Richard B 
Sanders/HOU/ECT@ECT, John Neslage/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Margaret Carson/Corp/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], 
Susan J Mara/NA/Enron@ENRON, Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron, Sandra 
McCubbin/SFO/EES@EES, Steve Walton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Alan Comnes/PDX/ECT@ECT, 
[email-masked]
		 cc: Steven J Kean/NA/Enron@Enron, James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron
		 Subject: Urgent - Steve Kean to testify at Senate hearing, need info

Steve Kean will be testifying at the Senate Energy Committee's hearing on 
Wednesday regarding California.  Steve and Jim Steffes asked me to contact 
you for the following information.  I've listed specific requests for several 
people, but am copying many more of you for your input as well.  Anything you 
can provide by sometime on Monday will be appreciated!

Dave Parquet - Siting of new power plants in California.  Any insight you can 
provide regarding the rules, the current climate, what would fix the current 
situation, etc.

Richard Sanders - Steve thinks he might be asked about whether the market was 
manipulated.  Please provide information on whether this was the case and who 
the participants likely were.  What's the current climate regarding 
sanctions, etc.?

Mary Schoen - Any information you can provide relating to air emission issues 
in California, and specific details for our recommendations regarding air 
emissions.

Steve Walton - The status on RTO West, Desert Star, Cal ISO and general 
information on RO development.   

Sue Mara - Specific ordering language requiring the utilities to buy only 
from the PX.  Was it required through legislation or the CPUC, and what 
exactly does it mean.  Who was involved in formulating the language?  
Information on block forward markets.

Alan Comnes - A copy of the CDWR response and anything they might have 
available regarding long term proposals from the government.

Dan Allegretti - We have the e-mail Jim sent regarding the UI deal.  Please 
provide more specifics on the deal, and information regarding portfolio 
management approach.

Thanks for your help!