Subject: RE: FW: Roseman Creek fireplace
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 03:08:00 -0800 (PST)

As he said in the note, we can wait on the tile.  We'll contact our pal 
karen, the tiling queen, and report back.  sound reasonable?

	Nancy Sellers <[email-masked]>
	02/15/2001 10:14 AM
		 
		 To: "'Cameron Sellers'" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]'" 
<[email-masked]>, Prentice Sellers <[email-masked]>
		 cc: [email-masked], Nancy Sellers <[email-masked]>
		 Subject: RE: FW: Roseman Creek fireplace

I gave dad a check this morning for $700 to get this underway.  What about 
the tile? 
-----Original Message----- 
From: Cameron Sellers [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 7:52 AM 
To: [email-masked]'; Prentice Sellers 
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Nancy Sellers 
Subject: RE: FW: Roseman Creek fireplace 

 Agree with PP's assessment also.  I don't always agree with PP's 
assessment. 

Cameron Sellers 
Vice President, Business Development 
PERFECT 
1860 Embarcadero Road - Suite 210 
Palo Alto, CA 94303 
[email-masked] 
650.798.3366 (direct dial) 
650.269.3366 (cell) 
650.858.1095 (fax) 
 -----Original Message----- 
From:   [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent:   Wednesday, February 14, 2001 4:56 PM 
To:     Prentice Sellers 
Cc:     Cameron Sellers; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Nancy Sellers 
Subject:        Re: FW: Roseman Creek fireplace 

Wow.  This guy sounds impressive!  I agree with Prentice's assessment (of 
course, I always agree with Prentice's assessment). 
Best, 
Jeff 
Happy Valentine's Day to all. 

                    Prentice Sellers 
                    <[email-masked]        To:     <[email-masked]>, 
Nancy Sellers         
                    keley.EDU> 
<[email-masked]>, Cameron        
                                              Sellers <[email-masked]>, 
[email-masked] 
                    02/14/2001 01:59          cc: 
                    PM                        Subject:     Re: FW: Roseman 
Creek fireplace      

This guy sounds like he knows what he's talking about.  I suggest we get 
the repairs done immediately and leave the tile for later.  Can you find 
out if he can finish before next weekend whatever needs to be done to have 
a fire safely?  I've been planning a trip with two friends of mine from 
school for a long time and it would really be a bummer to have to cancel 
it.  Thanks for working on this. 
Also, about the $$, mom should have put aside $10,000 from grandpa ($5,000 
from me and Cameron each) that was supposed to go for replacing the 
roof.  This is much more important, so I suggest using that money. 
Finally, we can get Jeff's friend Karen to help us with the tiles.  We will 
talk to her. 
At 01:43 PM 2/14/2001 -0800, you wrote: 
>Dotty:  Thought you and Jack might be interested in this report. 
> 
>Jeff: How do we go about getting  in touch with the person you mentioned 
to 
>do the tiles? 
> 
>-----Original Message----- 
>From:   gmc [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent:   Wednesday, February 14, 2001 12:30 PM 
>To:     [email-masked] 
>Subject:        Roseman Creek fireplace 
> 
>Hello, Eldon... 
>Your fireplace was improperly installed, and the fire was caused by embers 
>falling in between the fireplace and the hearth, igniting the plywood 
>underlayment and the wooden framing installed in front of the face and the 
>header above the fireplace opening.  There should be no combustible 
material 
>there, and sooner or later a fire will result.  You are fortunate the 
result 
>was not worse.  The important metal underlayment supplied with the 
fireplace 
>was not installed.  The fireplace must be moved about 5" up to the face of 
>the wall.  All the tile must be removed and replaced with non combustible 
>underlayment.  The chimney seems ok but you must replace the cap and the 
>chimney is no longer available, necessitating fireplace replacement if it 
>ever becomes necessary due to corrosion.  The insulation is probably wet, 
>which happens over the years and it settles, leaving hot spots in the 
>chimney.  At least yours is out in the air, but it should be checked, and 
>will be if I do this job. 
>You will provide the tile, and bear in mind that some will have to be cut, 
>so avoid small tiles.  You will also provide sanded grout and grout 
>additive, and a mastic (25#) such as epoxy "Elastobon".  Your tile 
supplier 
>will know what we're talking about.  I will get all other materials 
locally. 
>You are looking at, I estimate, $2,400.00 - $3,200.00 plus materials.  I 
>prefer to work jobs like this at Time and Materials, based on my labor 
rate 
>of $50.00 per man hour.  If I have to bid this job, it will be suitably 
>inflated to deal with unforeseen variables.  I have been here for 26 years 
>without any construction related problems, and have lots of references. 
>The materials will consist of cedar shingles, plywood, roofing shingles 
>(asphalt), glue, Wonder Board tile underlayment, stainless steel cap, 
2X4's, 
>screws, plumbing fittings for the gas line, sheet metal, and incidentals. 
>My estimate is done as accurately as possible, but unforeseen problems 
could 
>change the time I've estimated for the job.  The materials will be about 
>$700.00, and this is the deposit I will require.  Let me know what the ETA 
>of your tile will be.  If you prefer, I can do the job without the tile, 
>leaving the Wonder Board tile underlayment exposed, which is totally safe, 
>and you can decide upon tile later, after looking at the site after the 
>fireplace is moved.  I will need a half square min. to do the roof of the 
>fireplace pop out. 
>Regards, 
>Will Guyan