Subject: Re: MESSAGE POINTS - CONFIDENTIAL
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 07:29:00 -0800 (PST)

Well, this would seem to indicate one of two things: either Hertzberg's is 
now an absolute lost cause, or it's more urgent than ever to have Ken Lay 
talk to him.  Given the situation, it would still seem prudent to have Ken 
Lay talk to the Speaker.

Best,
Jeff

	Scott Govenar <[email-masked]>
	02/20/2001 09:12 AM
		 
		 To: Rick Shapiro <[email-masked]>, Jim Steffes 
<[email-masked]>, Jeff Dasovich <[email-masked]>, Paul Kaufman 
<[email-masked]>, Jeff Dasovich <[email-masked]>, Sandra McCubbin 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, Hedy Govenar <[email-masked]>, Bev Hansen 
<[email-masked]>
		 cc: 
		 Subject: MESSAGE POINTS - CONFIDENTIAL

The following message points are being circulated by Assembly Speaker Robert 
Hertzberg.  These are very confidential and should not be distributed. 
  
Deregulation has been a failure of epic proportions, and Californians are 
hurting because of it. 
  
This is bigger than politics. People have energy bills they cannot afford. 
Rolling blackouts threaten our economy - as well as the safety of our people. 
We cannot allow this to continue. 
  
This is not a bailout, it's a lifeboat for consumers. We support the 
Governor's plan as a framework for negotiations with the utilities. 
  
The state purchase of transmission lines -- at the right price and under the 
right terms - will restore a measure of control to a system that is out of 
control. 
  
Our goal continues to be restoring reliable, reasonably priced power to all 
of California.