Subject: Re: PUC Inquiring About Enron Turnback of CA Gas Customers
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:36:00 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, Catherine.  We've had a conversation with the PUC staffer and she's 
pretty ill-informed.  We told her that we need specific details.  I'll get 
back to you just as soon as (and if) I get them.

Best,
Jeff

	Catherine Woods@EES
	02/27/2001 03:30 PM
		
		 To: Jeff Dasovich/Na/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Roger O Ponce/HOU/EES@EES, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, 
[email-masked]@ENRON, Karen Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Susan J 
Mara/NA/Enron@ENRON, Sandra McCubbin/NA/Enron@Enron, Paul 
Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT@ENRON, James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Peggy 
Mahoney/HOU/EES@EES
		 Subject: Re: PUC Inquiring About Enron Turnback of CA Gas Customers

Jeff,

Do you have any specific information on this customer (school name, address, 
telephone number, etc...) in order to identify the customer?  We did a very 
basic search in our operational data bases under a school in Ontario, CA and 
no school was found. 

Thanks!
Catherine

From: Jeff Dasovich@ENRON on 02/27/2001 03:11 PM CST
Sent by: Jeff Dasovich@ENRON
To: Catherine Woods/DUB/EES@EES, Roger O Ponce/HOU/EES@EES
cc: Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, [email-masked], Karen 
Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Susan J Mara/NA/Enron@ENRON, Sandra 
McCubbin/NA/Enron@Enron, Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT, James D 
Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Peggy Mahoney/HOU/EES@EES 
Subject: PUC Inquiring About Enron Turnback of CA Gas Customers

Greetings Catherine and Roger:

A PUC staffer has called our outside lawyer saying that a high school in 
Ontario, CA called to complain that we're turning back the school for credit 
issues.  The staffer says that "a hospital might also be involved."   Can you 
provide any more information?  The PUC staffer does not seem to have much 
information, but has nonetheless seems inclined to write us a letter asking 
us to explain.

Sort of ironic:  PUC Commissioner Woods states that his goal is to drive all 
ESPs from the state, the Legislature passes and the Governor signs a bill 
prohibiting Direct Access, and now the PUC is concerned that California might 
actually be succeeding in its efforts to kill choice.  (The PUC is 
particularly concerned since they recently passed an order prohibiting gas 
customers from returning to the LDC---ironic indeed)

Any information that you folks can provide as soon as possible would be 
greatly appreciated.

Best,
Jeff