Subject: Re: Buy Down
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:07:00 -0800 (PST)

Thanks very much, Scott.  Shouldn't be a big problem.  Our buy-down auction 
would require the customer to commit to a fixed reduction over an extended 
period (for a price), and the reduction would have to be verifiable, i.e., 
the customer would need to have the equipment necessary to verify (which 
isn't a problem for large customers).  Sounds like a misunderstanding on the 
part of the legislator and something that we should be able to talk through.  
I'll be there tomorrow.  If it makes sense for me to meet with them, just let 
me know.  Who's the legislator  in charge of demand buy-down?

Best,
Jeff

	Scott Govenar <[email-masked]>
	02/27/2001 07:58 PM
		 
		 To: Hedy Govenar <[email-masked]>, Mike Day <[email-masked]>, Bev 
Hansen <[email-masked]>, Jeff Dasovich <[email-masked]>, Susan J Mara 
<[email-masked]>, Joseph Alamo <[email-masked]>, Paul Kaufman 
<[email-masked]>, Michael McDonald <[email-masked]>, 
David Parquet <[email-masked]>, Rick Johnson 
<[email-masked]>, Marcie Milner <[email-masked]>, Sandra McCubbin 
<[email-masked]>, Tim Belden <[email-masked]>, Rick Shapiro 
<[email-masked]>, Jim Steffes <[email-masked]>, Alan Comnes 
<[email-masked]>, Chris Calger <[email-masked]>, Mary Hain 
<[email-masked]>, Joe Hartsoe <[email-masked]>, Donna Fulton 
<[email-masked]>, Steven Kean <[email-masked]>, Karen Denne 
<[email-masked]>, Beverly Aden <[email-masked]>, Bill Votaw 
<[email-masked]>, Carol Moffett <[email-masked]>, Debora 
Whitehead <[email-masked]>, Dennis Benevides 
<[email-masked]>, Don Black <[email-masked]>, Dorothy 
Youngblood <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, Mike D Smith <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" 
<[email-masked]>, Leslie Lawner <[email-masked]>, John 
Neslage <[email-masked]>, Ken Smith <[email-masked]>
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Buy Down

We met with the legislator who is in charge of the Summer 2001
subcommittee today to discuss Enron's buy down proposal.  Dave Freeman
had discussed the idea with her previously, however, his version
required that the contract be for a pre-arranged price, based on the
notice you were given presumably by the ISO, i.e. 24 hours = x, 12 hours
= y, etc.  Consequently, her concern with our proposal was the
uncertainty of allowing customers to choose whether or not they want to
shut down based on price versus requiring them to shut down to meet
demand, i.e. a modified interruptable.

She requested that we provide her with information about existing buy
down programs and their successes.