Subject: RE: PUC Approves DWR Language in Decision; Removes Language Staying Commission Action on Direct Access
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:23:00 -0800 (PST)

Tell me it ain't so, Bob.  Hostile would be a gross understatement.  If you 
would like to chat further let me know.

Best,
Jeff

	Robert C Williams/ENRON@enronXgate
	03/07/2001 05:11 PM
		 
		 To: Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Mike D Smith/HOU/EES@EES
		 Subject: RE: PUC Approves DWR Language in Decision; Removes Language Staying 
Commission Action on Direct Access

Jeff, Wood is our Commissioner on the Negative CTC Complaint.  Is he hostile 
to Direct Access?  I fear I already know the answer.

 -----Original Message-----
From:  Dasovich, Jeff  
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 5:08 PM
To: Comnes, Alan; Schwarz, Angela; Aden, Beverly; Votaw, Bill; Barreda, 
Brenda; Moffett, Carol; Corbin, Cathy; Foster, Chris; Liscano, Christina; 
Sutter, Craig; Leff, Dan; Whitehead, Debora; Benevides, Dennis; Black, Don; 
Dorothy Youngblood/HOU/ECT@ECT; Huth, Douglas; Sacks, Edward; Melvin, Eric; 
Dupre, Erika; Hughes, Evan; Deltoro, Fran; Muench, Gayle; Dernehl, Ginger; 
Savage, Gordon; Buchanan, Harold; Kingerski, Harry; Waser, Iris; Steffes, 
James; Lewis, James; Wright, James; Messina, Jeff; Blachman, Jeremy; Hewitt, 
Jess; Hartsoe, Joe; Denne, Karen; Bass, Kathy; Dodgen, Kathy; Gustafson, Ken; 
Hughes, Kevin; Lopez, Leasa; Botello, Leticia; Muller, Mark; Suggs, Marsha; 
Sunde, Marty; Eggleston, Meredith; Etringer, Michael; Mann, Michael; 
Cisneros, Michelle; [email-masked]; Bresnan, Neil; Hong, Neil; Kaufman, 
Paul; Warren, Paula; Zdunkewicz, Richard; Leibert, Richard; Shapiro, Richard; 
Hennessy, Rita; Yang, Roger; Tijerina, Rosalinda; McCubbin, Sandra; Novosel, 
Sarah; Gahn, Scott; Stoness, Scott; Dick, Sharon; [email-masked]; Leslie, 
Tanya; Lair, Tasha; Ted Murphy/HOU/ECT@ECT; Greenlee, Terri; Belden, Tim; 
Spruiell, Tony; Sharp, Vicki; Gorny, Vladimir; Curry, Wanda; Bradford, 
William S.; Corbally, Kathryn; Whalan, Jubran; [email-masked]; Sanders, 
Richard; Williams, Robert C.; Wolfe, Greg; Wright, James; VanUlden, Dirk; 
Walker, Steve; Rudolph, Jennifer; Wenzel, Martin; Condon, Douglas; 
[email-masked]; Scott Govenar; Hedy Govenar; [email-masked]; Smith, Mike; 
Neslage, John; Guerrero, Janel; Letke, Eric
Subject: PUC Approves DWR Language in Decision; Removes Language Staying 
Commission Action on Direct Access

The Commission just voted out one half of the "Bilas Alternate."

The decision that got voted out included Bilas' DWR-based language stating 
that the PUC 1) would not second-guess DWR purchases and 2) would pass 
through DWR costs to customers.
However, in a move led by Commissioner Carl Wood, the decision removed the 
Bilas language on Direct Access.  The decision therefore did NOT include the 
Bilas language staying any Commission action on implementing the Direct 
Access prohibition.  Carl Wood called including Direct Access "the height of 
arrogance."  
The decision was voted out 3-2, with the 2 remaining Republicans dissenting.
That said, the Commission has no proposal before it implementing the 
prohibition, and there was no talk at the meeting of implementing the 
prohibition any time soon.

Best,
Jeff