Subject: Re: Kern River Expansion - Implications for Firm Shippers
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:37:00 -0800 (PST)

Jim, et al:
FYI.  Lots of expansion plans going on, including TW.  We can discuss further 
on the call.  Expansions generally create some level of concern from shippers 
due to the fact that capacity to the boarder exceeds takeaway in California.  
It's particularly prickly at Wheeler, through which, I'm assuming, the Kern 
expansion will flow.  We can discuss further on the call.

Best,
Jeff

	James D Steffes
	03/13/2001 09:45 AM
		 
		 To: Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron, Rebecca W Cantrell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Leslie 
Lawner/NA/Enron@Enron, Robert 
Neustaedter/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Donna 
Fulton/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT
		 cc: Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, Marcia A Linton/NA/Enron@Enron
		 Subject: Kern River Expansion - Implications for Firm Shippers

Becky --

Can you please find out (a) details about the emergency expansion on Kern 
River and (b) key Firm Shippers on Kern River, Mojave, PGT?

Philip Allen called me this morning and asked about our ability to "get a 
read" on the potential for other Firm Shippers on Kern River to oppose this 
expansion.  Can we quietly reach out to our industry contacts (other Govt 
Affairs shops) to get their opinions?

His concern is primarily about Kern expanding into CA will limit other Firm 
Shippers given the limitations on the SoCal system [Jeff, give me a call to 
see how this plays in CA].  

While we are not a Firm Shipper (and we probably don't want to get directly 
in front of this - Enron fights expansion), how will FERC and its Staff look 
at this issue [Donna & Leslie}?

Let's try and have the info and a call on Thursday at 4pm Houston time to get 
back to him afterwards.

Jim