Subject: Fwd: Point of Clafrification re: UCAN and RatePayers Request forHearings
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 03:47:00 -0800 (PST)

Jim/Jeanne:
Do we know what case this request has been made in and if we're one of the 5 
listed?  Thanks.
Best,
Jeff
----- Forwarded by Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron on 03/16/2001 11:37 AM -----

	"Daniel Douglass" <[email-masked]>
	03/16/2001 11:26 AM
		 
		 To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Fwd: Point of Clafrification re: UCAN and RatePayers Request 
forHearings

FYI re the request for CPUC hearings to investigate alleged price 
manipulation by generators.
 
Dan
----- Message from [email-masked] on Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:11:14 EST -----
To:	 [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]
cc:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Point of Clafrification re: UCAN and RatePayers Request for Hearings
Greetings: UCAN and Ratepayers have filed a Request for Hearings regarding 
the actions of certain generation companies in connection with alleged 
manipulation of California's electricity markets by five pivotal market 
players.During an informal discussion with another party a question arose 
about whether the request for hearings included an examination of actions 
taken by SDG&E, PG&E or Southern California Edison in pursuing claims against 
alleged market manipulators.  This filing is meant to clarify that UCAN and 
Ratepayers are not at this time requesting hearings into the actions of SDG& 
E, PG&E or Southern California Edison in pursuing any such claims they may 
enjoy.  The requested hearings are proposed to focus on the whether the five 
pivotal market players had the ability to exercise significant market power 
so that operation of the new market institutions was distorted.  Thank you 
for allowing UCAN and Ratepayers to clarify this point.