Subject: Re: Follow up with Alpert's Office
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:57:00 -0800 (PST)

Marty:  Thanks for the information.

Getting Eric's contact information to Alpert's office is in motion.  
Regarding attempt to follow-up with those who called Alpert's office to 
complain, I wasn't clear on that action.  Likely makes sense for Eric to 
coordinate with Sandi to make the contact with Alpert's office.  
Letters are an attempt to influence Alpert to 1) fix the Direct Access 
prohibition and 2) ensure that DA customers don't get saddled with the DWR 
costs.

Let me know if this approach works.

Best,
Jeff

	Marty Sunde@EES
	03/19/2001 07:02 PM
		
		 To: Jeff Dasovich/Na/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Eric Letke/DUB/EES@EES, Heidi Messick/EFS/EES@EES, Sandra 
McCubbin/NA/Enron@Enron
		 Subject: Re: Follow up with Alpert's Office

All I asked Eric to do was:
ensure that there was an Enron contact if another complaint came in.
find out from Alpert's office if we could call back a few of those who called 
to complain to find out what they perceived, correct the misperception, 
apologize.  

From: Jeff Dasovich@ENRON on 03/19/2001 04:20 PM
Sent by: Jeff Dasovich@ENRON
To: Scott Govenar <[email-masked]>, Eric Letke/DUB/EES@EES, Sandra 
McCubbin/NA/Enron@Enron, [email-masked], Susan J Mara/NA/Enron@ENRON, 
[email-masked], Karen Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Janel 
Guerrero/Corp/Enron@Enron, Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT, Richard 
Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Harry 
Kingerski/NA/Enron@Enron, [email-masked], [email-masked], Marty 
Sunde/HOU/EES@EES
cc:  
Subject: Follow up with Alpert's Office  

Thanks, Scott. 

Scott/Hedy/Sandi/Bev:  Erik Letke heads up the retail marketing effort 
underway in San Diego.  Marty Sunde wants Alpert to have an EES commercial 
contact that she can talk to in the event she has further questions, etc., 
He'd like Erki to be the contact person.  Erik could you copy your vitals 
(title, contact info) to Scott and Hedy Govenar and Sandi McCubbin so they 
can forward along to Alpert?

Erik, seems that it would be useful if the customer letters to Alpert could 
make the following points (folks please weigh in and add/subtract/modify if 
needed):

The customer's glad to have had the option to take Direct Access service from 
Enron because having the opportunity to take advantage of the offer has made 
the customer better off.
Direct Access is an extremely important option that customers need, want and 
should have going forward.
Any "solution" that the Legislature comes up with must therefore include the 
continuation of Direct Access for all customers.
As such, the Legislature should immediately fix AB 1X to make sure that 
Direct Access remains a permanent fixture of California's energy strategy.
Direct Access customers should not be forced to pay for DWR's power purchase 
costs, since Direct Access customers aren't benefitting from those purchases.

Best,
Jeff

	Scott Govenar <[email-masked]>
	03/19/2001 04:01 PM
		 
		 To: Jeff Dasovich <[email-masked]>
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Dede

As discussed, customers should send letters to Dede as follows:

The Honrable Dede Alpert
California State Senate
State Capitol, Room 5050
Sacramento, CA 95814

Interested companies should copy:  "Honorable Members of the California
State Legislature" and fax or mail me a copy for further distribution.
My fax is (916) 448-0816 and my address is 1127 11th Street, Suite #400,
Sacramento, CA 95814.

Scott