Subject: Re: Environmental Alert called off
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 03:01:00 -0700 (PDT)

Gee, with all due respect, this sounds like SoCal trying to justify its 
windowing policy.

Have you considered a career as a PR exec with OPEC.

Affectionately yours,
Jeff

	Jeffery Fawcett
	09/26/2000 09:57 AM
		
		 To: Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
		 cc: Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron
		 Subject: Environmental Alert called off

Consider the facts:

- 80% of the materials in this vehicle's construction are recyclable.
- Although it weighs 7,200 lbs, it gets 14 mpg, city, 18 mpg, highway, better 
than most 6-cylinder SUV's.
- It's the only SUV that has a "blocker beam," a sort of low-slung bumper 
behind the front bumper designed to transfer the energy of an impact with a 
small car directly onto the small car's rear bumper, mitigating the risk of 
the Excursion riding up and over the smaller car.  In addition, the standard 
class V hitch is set low on the rear frame and, similar to the blocker beam 
up front, is designed to absorb the energy of a rear crash.
- It is a high efficiency, smokeless turbo-charged diesel engine... although 
diesels produce more particulates than gasoline engines, overall, they don't 
produce nearly the pollution of a gas-fired engine.  See below:

Diesel engine 
In general terms the diesel engine is less polluting that the petrol engine, 
it produces 25 times less carbon monoxide, 15 times less hydrocarbons without 
burning and half as much nitrogen oxide, whereas the emissions of sulphur 
dioxide are higher. 

Nevertheless, it should be pointed out that when the load of the diesel 
engine approaches the maximum, the formation of soot increases radically 
(which may even go so far as to multiply the concentration of black lead by 
20). 

This phenomenon does not occur with petrol vehicles, in which the 
concentration of particles in the exhaust gases is kept practically constant. 
In order to prevent this, we can recycle part of the exhaust gases through 
the air inlet and place filters in the exhaust in order to reduce the 
emission of particles. 
Comparative chart for the components of the exhaust 
from a petrol engine and a diesel engine

Susan Scott
09/25/2000 05:05 PM
To: Jeffery Fawcett/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Re: Environmental Alert

---------------------- Forwarded by Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron on 09/25/2000 
05:05 PM ---------------------------
From: Jeff Dasovich on 09/25/2000 05:03 PM
To: Susan Scott/ET&S/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Re: Environmental Alert  

Oh great, he gets married, but his kids die from pollution.