Subject: Re: Bill Jones will be keynote speaker for WPTF meeting in June
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 04:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

Wow. That's fascinating. Sounds neat.  I would be very concerned, though, 
given the current environment about having us listed as a sponsor.  In short, 
I would recommend against sponsoring, at least at this point.

Best,
Jeff

	Susan J Mara
	04/12/2001 11:06 AM
		 
		 To: Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT, Sandra McCubbin/NA/Enron@Enron, Jeff 
Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Bill Jones will be keynote speaker for WPTF meeting in June

Bill Jones has announced to run against Davis.  gary Ackerman is asking for 
sponsors to pay the costs of the dinner.  He will publicize the sponsors.  
The attendees include all WPTF members (munis, BPA, other power marketers), 
plus invitees -- CPUC staff, ISO staff and sometimes FERC staff come.  What 
do you think

Sue Mara
Enron Corp.
Tel: (415) 782-7802
Fax:(415) 782-7854
----- Forwarded by Susan J Mara/NA/Enron on 04/12/2001 08:03 AM -----

	Gary Ackerman <[email-masked]>
	03/21/2001 04:17 PM
	Please respond to foothill
		 
		 To: Bill Ross <[email-masked]>, Bob Anderson <[email-masked]>, 
Carolyn Baker <[email-masked]>, CHARLES A MIESSNER 
<[email-masked]>, Corby Gardin <[email-masked]>, curt 
hatton <[email-masked]>, Curtis Kebler 
<[email-masked]>, Denice Cazalet Purdum <[email-masked]>, 
Greg Blue <[email-masked]>, Jack Pigott <[email-masked]>, Janie Mollon 
<[email-masked]>, Nam Nguyen <[email-masked]>, Randy 
Hickok <[email-masked]>, Rob Nichol <[email-masked]>, 
robert berry <[email-masked]>, Roger Pelote <[email-masked]>, Sue 
Mara <[email-masked]>, Jeff Crowe <[email-masked]>, George Vaughn 
<[email-masked]>, "Huhman, Steve" <[email-masked]>, Dan 
Douglass <[email-masked]>, Barb Ennis <[email-masked]>, Lynn 
Lednicky <[email-masked]>, Mark Smith <[email-masked]>, Bob Reilley 
<[email-masked]>
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Bill Jones will be keynote speaker for WPTF meeting in June

On the evening of Thursday, June 21, at Ojai Inn, Secretary of State
Bill Jones will be our keynote speaker at our WPTF General Meeting.  Rob
Lapsley, Bill's Undersecretary just called an told me the good news.
Jones is the front running candidate to challenge Gov Gray Davis in
2002.

Here is what I am thinking.  I would like to solicit among our esteemed
Board members sponsors for the dinner that evening.  I anticipate that
we would attract possibly 70+ guests and members, and the dinner bill
could be around $100/person with the open bar.  Which of you members
would like to be sponsors?  Will divide the cost equally among the
sponsors, and make sure to mention your names as sponsors for the
dinner.

gba