Subject: Re: Commission OII Hearings
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 03:51:00 -0700 (PDT)

Enron will very vigorously support the CS and I would hope that we could get 
as many people as possible to do the same.  Let's face it, California's gas 
industry is a mess for the same reasons the electricity industry is a mess 
(despite, and perhaps contrary to, the substantially more narrow reasoning 
offered by the Brattle Group).  The CS is a well-thought-out, well-designed 
program for moving forward; unlike the "interim," which takes two steps 
back.  Can we split up the names of all the people who signed on and call 
them and try to get them to show up in support? 

Best,
Jeff

	Tom Beach <[email-masked]>
	05/14/2001 11:37 PM
		 
		 To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Re: Commission OII Hearings

Watson has asked for time to speak.  I'm planning to continue to support the
CS.  It brings some greater stability and certainty to SoCalGas' noncore
rates.  The allocation of backbone capacity might improve shippers'
certainty of being able to move gas through Topock and Wheeler Ridge.  In
the short term, it's hard to say how much that might help prices, but I
doubt that it would make them worse.  In the longer term, if new generation
on the PG&E and Kern / Mojave systems, plus the North Baja and Questar
lines, actually reduce SoCalGas' throughput, then a SoCalGas city-gate
market might be pretty competitive.  Finally, the CS removes SoCalGas'
favorite argument in favor of the peaking rate.

So what are Edison and Enron going to do?

Tom

----- Original Message -----
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 7:26 PM
Subject: Commission OII Hearings

> I was just wondering what any of you guys are thinking about doing at the
> Gas OII meeting next Tuesday.  Are any of you planning on making a
> presentation?  If so, do you intend to support the settlement as filed, or
> are there modifications you think are appropriate given the way SoCalGas
> has handled its system in the past few months?
>
> Michael
>
> P.S.  FYI, I am out of town, so I am not available by phone until Monday.
>
> --
> Michael S. Alexander
> Southern California Edison
> Energy Supply and Management (ES&M)
> 626-302-2029
> 626-302-3254 (fax)
>
>