Subject: Re: Backgrounder for McNealy
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 05:14:00 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you for the feedback.  We're "sanitizing" the document a wee bit 
(taking out the "opposing view--response" part).  When that's done, I assume 
it will OK to distribute.  Karen?

Best,
Jeff

	Susan M Landwehr
	05/15/2001 11:12 PM
		
		 To: Jeff Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron
		 cc: Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT
		 Subject: Re: Backgrounder for McNealy

Jeff--I just today had a chance to review this document.  If you're still 
looking for comments I have one suggestion.

Under section 1 you list the problem and then the solution and then use the 
heading "Don't make matters worse".  If you could somehow highlight that 
section--make it stand out more.  The folks that you are trying to 
reach--business leaders---understand capital markets and how all of the 
rhetoric and investigations and allegations can discourage investment.  

I would like to be able to send this document when you get it finished to 
some of our contacts in the gov's offices--ok with you?  

Lastly, I love the chart on growth.  

	Jeff Dasovich
	Sent by: Jeff Dasovich
	05/14/2001 12:08 PM
		 
		 To: [email-masked], Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, James D 
Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Alan Comnes/Enron@EnronXGate, Karen 
Denne/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Janel Guerrero/Corp/Enron@Enron, Susan J 
Mara/NA/Enron@ENRON, Sandra McCubbin/NA/Enron@Enron, Paul 
Kaufman/Enron@EnronXGate, Susan M Landwehr/NA/Enron@Enron, Linda 
Robertson/NA/Enron@ENRON, Tom Briggs/NA/Enron@Enron, Joe 
Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Leslie Lawner/NA/Enron@Enron, Harry 
Kingerski/NA/Enron@Enron, Jennifer Thome/NA/Enron@Enron, Robert 
Neustaedter/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: Backgrounder for McNealy

Greetings:
As folks heard, Ken Lay met with some California CEOs last Friday back East.  
As a result of that meeting, McNealy, CEO for Sun, asked for some background 
and more detail on what Ken Lay proposed as a solution for California during 
his meetings in California over the past couple of weeks.  McNealy and others 
have expressed a willingness to make phone calls to policymakers, etc. to try 
to advance the ball.

I pulled this together very hastily on Friday and take responsibility for all 
errors, omissions, ramblings, etc.  Wanted to distribute, however, to make 
sure that all had the info that is getting distributed.  Know folks are busy, 
but this will likely get distributed to other CEOs this week, so any 
comments, suggestions, etc. about how to improve are welcome and appreciated.

Best,
Jeff