Subject: Re: FERC Investigation on California
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:12:00 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Sarah.  Question:  Could we, and should we, attempt to pre-empt the 
FERC report and try to get press coverage of the BP paper before FERC 
releases the results of its investigation?

	Sarah Novosel
	10/04/2000 11:58 AM
		 
		 To: Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron@Enron, James D Steffes/NA/Enron@Enron, Jeff 
Dasovich/NA/Enron@Enron, Susan J Mara/SFO/EES@EES, Mona L 
Petrochko/SFO/EES@EES, Joe Hartsoe/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Mary Hain/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Paul Kaufman/PDX/ECT@ECT
		 cc: 
		 Subject: FERC Investigation on California

This is just a rumor, but we heard on the EPSA call today that Scott Miller 
is trying to get his report on the California part of his investigation to 
the Commissioners by Friday of this week.  

Also, the EPSA/Boston Pacific paper continues to be revised, but EPSA wants 
to get it to FERC as soon as possible (but if Scott completes his report by 
Friday it may not be in time for Scott's report), so they have asked us to 
review the report and Executive Summary and get comments back to them for a 
conference call on Friday.  Since we will be at FERC during the EPSA call, we 
will need to get any comments we may have to Julie by Thursday evening or 
Friday morning.

Thanks everyone.

Sarah

---------------------- Forwarded by Sarah Novosel/Corp/Enron on 10/04/2000 
11:06 AM ---------------------------

"Jackie Gallagher" <[email-masked]> on 10/04/2000 09:35:45 AM
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc:  

Subject: Boston Pacific Statistical Research Project

MEMORANDUM

TO: Regulatory Affairs Committee
       Power Marketing Working Group

FROM: Don Santa, Regulatory Affairs Committee Chair
            Joe Hartsoe, Power Marketing Working Group Chair
            Julie Simon, Vice President of Policy
            Mark Bennett, Senior Manager of Policy

DATE: October 4, 2000

RE: Boston Pacific Statistical Research Project

Attached is the latest draft of the full Boston Pacific statistical research 
project, reflecting the comments made by EPSA members.  Both clean and 
redlined versions are attached.  There are two major changes in the project: 
1) the seven-page summary is the Executive Summary of the report; and 2) all 
cost estimates for new peakers have been removed.

Please review the documents so we can discuss them on a conference call on 
Friday, October 6th at 11:00 a.m. EST and then release it to Scott Miller for 
the FERC investigation.  Please dial 1-800-937-6563 and ask for the Julie 
Simon/EPSA call.  If you have any questions or comments, please contact Julie 
Simon at 202-789-7200 or [email-masked] before the Friday call.

Attachments

Jacqueline Gallagher
Research/Policy Assistant
Electric Power Supply Association
1401 H Street, NW
Suite 760
Washington, DC  20005
202.789.7200
202.789.7201
[email-masked]