Subject: Re: California decisions/orders
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 07:38:00 -0800 (PST)

Mark:
Faced with the price spikes in California, the new administration led by 
Governor Davis has been pretty hostile toward deregulation.  Perhaps the 
administration's (and its California PUC) hostility represents a 
"placeholder" until the administration comes up with it's own plan to "fix" 
the mess that California refers to as a "market."  As such, there hasn't been 
much coming out of the California PUC other than rhetoric regarding the fact 
that Republicans, not Democratics, restructured California's market and the 
desire to go backwards to good 'ol cost-of-service, command-and-control 
regulation.  However, the ISO and the PX have issued interesting reports, 
which I'll forward in a seperate email.  I look forward to seeing Prof. 
Littlechild at the conference on Monday.  He's on the first panel, I'm on the 
second.  I've attached the URL for info on the conference.

http://gspp.berkeley.edu/events/electricity_summit_conference.htm.

Best,
Jeff