Subject: Re: Spreadsheet for Review - New Cost Elements (60000000-79999999)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 02:42:00 -0800 (PST)

Remember to check any entries you may have with a posting date of 11/1/00 or 
later and to accounts 60000000-79999999 to make sure you replace the profit 
center with a cost center as discussed below.  If you need to set up a cost 
center you will need to request it through lotus notes.  

Double-check your entries before you have them keyed in case they do need a 
cost center but are not kick out when keyed.  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Kevin

---------------------- Forwarded by Kevin Jolly/HOU/ECT on 11/21/2000 10:34 
AM ---------------------------

Kevin Jolly
10/31/2000 10:15 AM
To: Lisa King/HOU/ECT@ECT, Brian Schwertner/NA/Enron@Enron, Stacy 
Hardy/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Kristi Fredericks/NA/Enron@ENRON, Tammy 
Barta/HOU/ECT@ECT, Lisa Best/Corp/Enron@Enron, Laynie East/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Rosalyn Lum/Corp/Enron@Enron, Susan Rance/NA/Enron@Enron, Dana 
Davis/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rufino Doroteo/HOU/ECT@ECT, Brad Carey/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Stephen Wolfe/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Hope Vargas/HOU/ECT@ECT, Marnie Lamb/NA/Enron@Enron, Pam 
Becton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Michael S Galvan/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Spreadsheet for Review - New Cost Elements (60000000-79999999)  

Per Stacy Aune concerning this issue, her understanding is that a manual 
entry will be kicked out unless a cost center is entered for applicable 
accounts.  If you have entries to accounts 60000000-79999999 you should 
replace the profit center with a cost center for entries with a posting date 
on or after 11/1/00.  Most profit centers have one or more related cost 
centers assigned to them per the Standard Hierarchy Report but some do not.  
If your chosen profit center does not have a related cost center let me 
know.    

Keep in mind that this is only for accts. 60000000-79999999 and most of those 
accounts are not used by our group.  However, we do use some of the accounts 
such as 62000000 Interest Income - Third Party, among others.  

Cost Centers are only needed for these accounts for entries with a posting 
date of 11/1/00 or later.  If you are doing 10/31/00 close entries, do them 
the same as you have been.

Since we are in the middle of 10/00 close and this issue does not affect 
10/31/00 entries, I will remind everyone in November to review this issue for 
their entries.  Let me know if you have any questions.  

Kevin

Hope Vargas
10/30/2000 06:08 PM
To: Kevin Jolly/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Marnie Lamb/NA/Enron@Enron 
Subject: Spreadsheet for Review - New Cost Elements (60000000-79999999)

Kevin,
 Can you please coordinate this by Friday, November 10th.  We should have 
profit centers set up for all of our companies, but I am not sure about cost 
centers.  Please refer to the Standard Hierarchy Report.   Let me know if you 
have any questions.  Thanks.

---------------------- Forwarded by Hope Vargas/HOU/ECT on 10/30/2000 07:05 
PM ---------------------------

Stacey A Aune
10/30/2000 03:43 PM
To: Pam Becton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Marnie Lamb/NA/Enron@Enron, Karry 
Kendall/HOU/ECT@ECT, Yvette Miroballi/HOU/ECT@ECT, Cheryl Dawes/CAL/ECT@ECT, 
Todd Warwick/HOU/ECT@ECT, Faith Killen/HOU/ECT@ECT, Troy 
Klussmann/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jim Pond/Corp/Enron@Enron, Jody Pierce/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Susan Helton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sarah Brown/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Hope Vargas/HOU/ECT@ECT, Nadia A Rodriguez/NA/Enron@ENRON, Michael S 
Galvan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Greg Whiting/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Stephen 
Thatcher/Corp/Enron@Enron 
Subject: Spreadsheet for Review - New Cost Elements (60000000-79999999)

As most of you may already know, beginning November 1st  (Sorry, we got this 
Friday afternoon!), the 60000000-79999999 range of accounts will now require 
a cost center instead of a profit center when using those accounts.  Some of 
the accounts that this range includes is Interest Income/Expense, Gain/Loss 
on Foreign Currency, and Gain/Losses on Disposition of Assets.

Unfortunately, the processes that are run automatically by the ISC that 
eventually book to these accounts, will hit a default cost center on each 
company if one is not specified.  This is very similar to the derivation 
pooling profit center 12951.  The ISC is giving us the opportunity to specify 
by company/account what the default cost center should be for each account.

Please review the attached spreadsheet below.  It contains a row for each 
company and shows the default cost center the ISC has chosen for each account.

Please respond back to me with the following:

1)  Confirmation that you have reviewed and agree with the cost center that 
has been chosen for each account on your company

    -OR-

2)  An attachment with the changes you desire the ISC to make with regards to 
your default cost center by account

These changes will affect any posting date of November 1st or later.  For 
those of you who have FX revalution on your companies, this change will have 
an effect in October close when the FX program is run after the last workday.

I need a response from those companies with FX revalution ASAP.

For the remainder of the companies, I would like a response by Friday, 
November 10th.

Thanks for your efforts in advance and sorry for the short notice,

Stacey

------------------------

Braden Sewell@ENRON
10/27/2000 01:22 PM
To: Allen W Ueckert/NA/Enron@Enron, Allison Millan/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Amy 
Spoede/HOU/ECT@ECT, Bart Myers/Corp/Enron@Enron, Chaundra 
Perry/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Chris Musngi/NA/Enron@ENRON, 
[email-masked], David Andrews/Corp/Enron@Enron, David 
McEllin/FGT/Enron@ENRON, David Vandor/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Dawn 
Derr/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Deborah Pritt/NA/Enron@ENRON, Donna 
Burns/NPNG/Enron@ENRON, Elise Clark/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Igor 
Miotto/SA/Enron@Enron, Je Chang/ET&S/Enron@ENRON, Jeff Smith/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Jill Erwin/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jim Davoli/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Judi 
Carter/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Judy Lin/GPGFIN/Enron@ENRON, 
Julia Pittman/GPGFIN/Enron@ENRON, Keith Simper/HOU/ECT@ECT, [email-masked], 
Krysti Knight/HOU/ECT@ECT, Leo Paige/Enron Communications@Enron 
Communications, Luis Juarros/SA/Enron@Enron, Odair Ribeiro/SA/Enron@Enron, 
Pamela Rush/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Patricia Anderson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Patricia 
Shannon/HOU/ECT@ECT, Patrick Dominguez/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
Paula J Parrish/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Robert D 
Smith/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, [email-masked], Sheila 
Miller/NA/Enron@ENRON, Stephen Schwarzbach/Corp/Enron@Enron, Steve 
Frazier/HOU/EES@EES, Thach C Phan/Corp/Enron@Enron, Thao 
Nguyen/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Thomas Meers/GPGFIN/Enron@ENRON, 
Todd Ross/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT
cc: Stacey A Aune/HOU/ECT@ECT, Maya Beyhum/LON/ECT@ECT, Duane 
Fritz/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Randy Parman/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Brandee 
Sanborn/Corp/Enron@ENRON 
Subject: Spreadsheet for Review - New Cost Elements (60000000-79999999)

I promise this is the last note about this today.

The attached spreadsheet has all the default cost centers we have loaded in 
the system for the accounts listed below.  We  have made an initial attempt 
to do this for you.    It is not required to use the same default cost center 
for each of these accounts on a company code.  Previously when these defaults 
were assigned at the profit center level, you were only allowed one default 
profit center for a company code.  We are not encouraging multiple default 
cost centers for these accounts, but we just want to offer the flexibility.

Please review the attached file, and forward me any changes you would like 
made.  You may only need to review the fields in yellow & green.  I have 
already sent you a note regarding the "No CC" fields that are in red.   We 
are only entering the default cost centers for the accounts that had activity 
on your company codes in year 2000.  That is why there are a lot of empty 
fields you do not have to worry about.   We will continue to add and modify 
the cost center defaults on an as needed basis.

Use this information to help you analyze the spreadsheet:
Accounts in black The accounts in black were already cost elements and 
already had the default cost centers assigned.  
Accounts in blue- The accounts in blue are the new cost elements.  If there 
was an existing default cost center for a company, we have already assigned 
it to    the new accounts in blue.  

Yellow  We selected a default cost center from the values assigned to  the 
default profit center for that company code.
Green  There was not a default profit center so we reviewed the cost centers 
on that company and selected the one we thought was most appropriate.
Red  This company code did not have any cost centers.  I have already asked 
you for these in a previous email. 

If you make changes, please move them to a spreadsheet by themselves or make 
them easy for us to identify in this spreadsheet.   Thanks again for all your 
help.  

Accounts posted to automatically by the system

* Already a cost element before this new process.