Subject: Re: ERCOT Market Readiness Meeting #5 Follow-up
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 04:42:00 -0800 (PST)

We are talking to people about providing this same scheduling service.  APX 
will probably be one of our biggest competitors.  We need to get a software 
system that is able to automate our trading schedules to the ISO, as well as, 
schedules for anyone else we sign up to represent them as their QSE.  - Mike

Madhup Kumar@ENRON
12/11/2000 12:14 PM
To: Lloyd Will/HOU/ECT@ECT, Thresa A Allen@ECT, Corry Bentley/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Smith L Day/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Olinde/Corp/Enron@Enron, Doug 
Gilbert-Smith/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Mike Curry/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: ERCOT Market Readiness Meeting #5 Follow-up

Any interest in this. - Madhup

---------------------- Forwarded by Madhup Kumar/Corp/Enron on 12/11/2000 
12:10 AM ---------------------------

"Wendy Brown" <[email-masked]> on 12/06/2000 03:41:20 PM
Please respond to <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, 
<[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
cc: <[email-masked]> 

Subject: ERCOT Market Readiness Meeting #5 Follow-up

On the day after the ERCOT Market Readiness Meeting, all market participants
are keenly aware of the limited amount of time left before system testing,
the mock market and the opening of the pilot market in June 2001.
Regardless of the amount of energy and resources invested, time seems to be
accelerating toward deadlines.

One of the complex development projects is the Qualified Scheduling Entity
(QSE) function.  Market participants may still be resolving development,
implementation, communication and staffing issues.  The financial costs
related to self-providing QSE services are substantial, and for some
participants, a major barrier.

Automated Power Exchange (APX) is an independent entity (takes no position
in the market) that will operate in ERCOT as a QSE.  APX currently operates
as an independent Scheduling Coordinator to the CaISO in California.  APX is
offering a variety of flexible solutions for the QSE function.  These
solutions include:

APX acts as the QSE for a market participant:  market participants can
select APX as their QSE.  APX provides the platform for participants to
schedule energy and ancillary services to ERCOT, and provides settlement
support.  Participants can also access the APX energy and ancillary services
trading exchanges continuously.  Because APX is an independent provider,
participants are assured that their market information is confidential.  The
fee for this service is volumetric and affordable.

APX as an Application Service Provider (ASP) to a participating QSE:  APX
offers other QSEs the opportunity to utilize APX technology for any or all
of the following functions:  scheduling energy and ancillary services to
ERCOT, creating settlement statements and other functionality that a market
participant may need.  Since APX is utilizing the same technology for it's
own QSE service, participants who choose to utilize APX as their ASP are
assured that the technology exists and is ready for each testing phase, the
mock market and the pilot market.  The fees for this service can either be
volumetric are annual, based upon individual participant preferences.

As your organization continues to make decisions about the implementation of
the QSE function, APX is ready to discuss ways to assist the process and
ease the time constraints that all market participants are facing.  Contact
me for a more detailed discussion.

Wendy Brown
Manager, Market Development
Automated Power Exchange
3800 Buffalo Speedway, Suite 150
Houston, TX  77098
713-850-9515  office
832-444-8402  cellular
www.apx.com