Subject: Austin - Revised Water Consumption
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:27:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mike, Clint-

I've done some more research on water usage and have some revised consumption 
rates which are less than what I told you last week.

Using the rates that I have listed below, if you run 5 days/week (weekdays), 
16 hours/day (not 15 as I previously mentioned) say 6 am to 10 pm, at GE's 
worse case consumption rate (+20% margin) , the tank will just be empty 
Friday night (10 pm) at the end of the 16 hour run.  I then takes 
approximately 42 hours to refill the tank.  (filling is completed by late 
Sunday afternoon)

At GE's "expected" consumption rate (no margin), the consumption rate is so 
much better that you could potentially run for 15 days straight, at 16 
hours/day before you exhausted the tank.

Next week when we run the performance test, we will know exactly what the 
actual consumtion rates will be.  In addition, I think (hope) that there 
might be some additional capacity in the demin plant.  The 120 gpm number is 
the guarantee from the vendor and at that rate the water quality is better 
than what we need.  I'm going to see if I can get someone to increase the 
flowrate until we are just at the limits for water quality.  I'll let you 
know what that number is. 

I do agree with you in that extra demin capacity is a no brainer.  Hopefully 
by the end of next week, I will know exactly how much extra we would need.

By the way, there is one additional piece of info that I was informed of 
today.  I been told that there is some language in the participation 
agreement that says our variable O&M costs increases after we exceed 1300 
hours of operation.

Hope this helps.  If you have questions, give me a call.  I'm in Austin all 
week.

Thanks,
Eric Booth
x54683
(713) 412-6873 (c)

Consumption/Make-up Rates:
Demin plant make-up rate: 120 gpm
Demin Tank capacity:  300,000 gallons

Maximum or worse case Consumption rate of the plant with all four units 
running full load:  236 gpm  (this has a +20% margin included by GE)
Therefor, when the plant is running, net drawdown rate on the tank is 
(236-120) = 116 gpm

Expected consumption rate for the plant with all four units running at full 
load:  197 gpm (this does not have any extra margin included)
Therefor, when the plant is running, net drawdown rate on the tank is 
(197-120) = 77 gpm