Subject: "The Pulse" Employee Survey
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 05:01:00 -0700 (PDT)

Eric, like the United Way, our goal should be 100%participation.  In order to 
reach that goal, we need the reporting mechanisms to determine which groups 
and managers have very low participation rates.

I strongly believe that ENA's numbers would be better if we had north of 80% 
participation (ie) the "unhappy" folks are more likely to input info than the 
"happy" folks.

Regards
Delainey
---------------------- Forwarded by David W Delainey/HOU/ECT on 10/09/2000 
11:58 AM ---------------------------

Eric Thode@ENRON
10/09/2000 09:09 AM
To: Mark Frevert/NA/Enron@Enron, David W Delainey/HOU/ECT@ECT, John J 
Lavorato/Corp/Enron@Enron, Mike McConnell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jeffrey A 
Shankman/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jeffrey McMahon/HOU/ECT@ECT, Raymond Bowen/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: "The Pulse" Employee Survey

"The Pulse" is the new name for the employee survey -- formerly known as 
Excellence Through Communication.  It is scheduled to rollout on Monday, 
October 16.  In an effort to boost participation, I would like to ask for 
your assistance in spreading the word to your direct reports at your staff 
meeting.  They should, in turn, encourage their direct reports to 
participate.  Last year, ENA's participation rate was approximately 50% and 
our goal for this year is 60%.

The survey will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete and can be 
done electronically.  The topics covered are:

 1) What are the obstacles to performance and effectiveness?
 2) What things hinder job satisfaction and fulfillment?
 3) What more can be done to make Enron the best place to work?

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at ext. 3-9053.  
Thanks.