Subject: Organizational Changes
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 06:57:00 -0800 (PST)

Adriana Domingues/SA/Enron Adriana Perrone/SA/Enron@Enron, Adriana 
Salvia/SA/Enron@Enron, Adriano Pereira/SA/Enron@Enron, Adriano 
Santos/SA/Enron@Enron, Alexandre Bueno/SA/Enron@Enron, Ana Cristina 
Santos/SA/Enron@Enron, Andre Salomao/SA/Enron@Enron, Andreia 
Almeida/SA/Enron@Enron, Annelise Vendramini/SA/Enron@Enron, Antonio 
Duarte/SA/Enron@Enron, Bernardino Santos/SA/Enron@Enron, Breno 
Nogueira/SA/Enron@Enron, Carlos Luvizotto/SA/Enron@Enron, Carlos Gustavo 
Azevedo/SA/Enron@Enron, Cecilia Mercio/SA/Enron@Enron, Christian 
Krelling/SA/Enron@Enron, Christian Vasconcellos/SA/Enron@Enron, Claudia 
Brun/SA/Enron@Enron, Claudia de Araujo Bomfim/SA/Enron@Enron, Claudia 
Lemos/SA/Enron@Enron, Cristiana Mateus/SA/Enron@Enron, Cristiane 
Ronza/SA/Enron@Enron, Debora Klinger/SA/Enron@Enron, Dilma 
Lopes/SA/Enron@Enron, Edineth R Santos/SA/Enron@Enron, Edmundo 
Picucci/SA/Enron@Enron, Eduardo Cancian/SA/Enron@Enron, Eduardo 
Camara/SA/Enron@Enron, Eliana Marcon/SA/Enron@Enron, Eliane 
Eusebio/SA/Enron@Enron, Elio Kumoto/SA/Enron@Enron, Elizabeth 
Serralheiro/SA/Enron@Enron, Emmanuel Rengade/SA/Enron@Enron, Erica 
Wolf/SA/Enron@Enron, Fabiana Lopes/SA/Enron@Enron, Fernanda 
Fernandes/SA/Enron@Enron, Fernando Bacellar/SA/Enron@Enron, Flavio 
Ferrari/SA/Enron@Enron, Flavio Silberberg/SA/Enron@Enron, Francesco M 
Sirangelo/SA/Enron, Francisco Carneiro/SA/Enron@Enron, Francisco 
Riggio/SA/Enron, Francy Botaro/SA/Enron@Enron, Franz Coelho/SA/Enron@Enron, 
Fred Sampaio/Sao Paulo/ELEKTRO, Giovanna Poladian/SA/Enron@Enron, Gisela 
Schwalm/SA/Enron@Enron, Gisele S Braz/SA/Enron@Enron, Gisele 
Soares/SA/Enron@Enron, Glauco Palhoto/SA/Enron@Enron, Gustavo 
Moraes/SA/Enron@Enron, Guy Ishikawa/SA/Enron@Enron, Idel 
Metzger/SA/Enron@Enron, Isaque Nagata/SA/Enron@Enron, Ivan 
Padilha/SA/Enron@Enron, Ivan G Rodrigues/SA/Enron@Enron, Joao Carlos 
Albuquerque/SA/Enron@Enron, Joao Guimaraes/SA/Enron@Enron, Joao 
Machado/SA/Enron@Enron, Joca Paciello/SA/Enron@Enron, Jose Lucio 
Reis/SA/Enron@Enron, Jose Salles/SA/Enron@Enron, Jose Anson/SA/Enron@Enron, 
Joyce Teixeira/SA/Enron@Enron, Juliana Rocha/SA/Enron@Enron, Julie 
Ramos/SA/Enron@Enron, Katia Cardeano/SA/Enron@Enron, Karla 
Azevedo/SA/Enron@Enron, Liliana Casey/SA/Enron@Enron, Lindolfo Ernesto 
Paixao/SA/Enron@Enron, Livia Cabral/SA/Enron@Enron, Luciana 
Rinaldi/SA/Enron@Enron, Luis Berti/SA/Enron@Enron, Luiz 
Watanabe/SA/Enron@Enron, Luiz Baccaro/SA/Enron@Enron, Luiz 
Otavio/SA/Enron@Enron, Luiz Maurer/SA/Enron@Enron, Marcel 
Mattos/SA/Enron@Enron, Marc Grossmann/SA/Enron@Enron, Marcelo 
Alves/SA/Enron@Enron, Marcelo Rassekh/SA/Enron@Enron, Marcelo 
Parodi/SA/Enron@Enron, Marcia Manarin/SA/Enron@Enron, Marcus 
Stephan/SA/Enron@Enron, Margaret Santos/SA/Enron@Enron, Maria Ines 
Brunetti/SA/Enron@Enron, Maria Pereira/SA/Enron@Enron, Marianne M 
Arake/SA/Enron@Enron, Marina Silva/SA/Enron@Enron, Marlene S 
Muniz/SA/Enron@Enron, Mary Ann Oliveira/SA/Enron@Enron, Mateus 
Andrade/SA/Enron@Enron, Mervyn Lowe/SA/Enron@Enron, Milena 
Matone/SA/Enron@Enron, Mina Miyakawa/SA/Enron@Enron, Moacyr 
Carmo/SA/Enron@Enron, Monica Brissac/SA/Enron@Enron, Monica 
Matias/SA/Enron@Enron, Murilo Hyai/SA/Enron@Enron, Nadege 
Araujo/SA/Enron@Enron, Nilson Busto/SA/Enron@Enron, Patricia 
Dutra/SA/Enron@Enron, Patricia Scholz/SA/Enron@Enron, Paula 
Oliveira/SA/Enron@Enron, Plinio Prado/SA/Enron@Enron, Regina 
Oliveira/SA/Enron@Enron, Renata Teke/SA/Enron@Enron, Ricardo D 
Cunha/SA/Enron@Enron, Ricardo Mucci/SA/Enron@Enron, Ricardo 
Konishi/SA/Enron@Enron, Ricardo Lisboa/SA/Enron@Enron, Ricardo 
Szlejf/SA/Enron@Enron, Robert Gross/SA/Enron@Enron, Roberta 
Luccas/SA/Enron@Enron, Roberto Hukai/SA/Enron@Enron, Roberto 
Silveira/SA/Enron@Enron, Roberto Schloesser/SA/Enron@Enron, Roderick 
Blackham/SA/Enron@Enron, Rodrigo Garcia/SA/Enron@Enron, Rosane 
Fabozzi/SA/Enron@Enron, Sami Arap/SA/Enron@Enron, Samira 
Ravagnani/SA/Enron@Enron, Sandra Vassel/SA/Enron@Enron, Sergio 
Nomura/SA/Enron@Enron, Sergio Santos/SA/Enron@Enron, Silvana 
Granata/SA/Enron@Enron, Simone Noda/SA/Enron@Enron, Sueli 
Soave/SA/Enron@Enron, Suhail Arap/SA/Enron, Tomas Mohovic/SA/Enron, Tu 
Ling/SA/Enron@Enron, Vera Elias/SA/Enron@Enron, Walter Lopes/SA/Enron@Enron, 
Jorge Gumucio/SA/Enron, Orlando Gonzalez/SA/Enron, Britaldo Soares/SA/Enron, 
Marcia Rezende/SA/Enron, Rejane Pansiera/SA/Enron, Rinaldo Pecchio/SA/Enron, 
Sergio Assad/SA/Enron, Alfredo Bottone/SA/Enron, Andre 
Cangucu/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Fabio Garcia/NA/Enron, Paulo Squariz/SA/Enron, 
Ricardo Sassatani/SA/Enron@Enron, Adela Viana Presa/SA/Enron@Enron, Anderson 
Bastos/SA/Enron@Enron, Andrea Marques/SA/Enron@Enron, Ane 
Borges/SA/Enron@Enron, Armando Laudorio/SA/Enron@Enron, Carla 
Santanna/SA/Enron@Enron, Celina Ozorio/SA/Enron@Enron, David 
Mouta/SA/Enron@Enron, Eduardo Requena/SA/Enron@Enron, Fabio 
Silva/SA/Enron@Enron, Fernanda Araujo/SA/Enron@Enron, Francisco 
Panaro/SA/Enron@Enron, Gabrielle Silva/SA/Enron@Enron, Isabel 
Pojo/SA/Enron@Enron, Joana Alvares/SA/Enron@Enron, Joao 
Milanez/SA/Enron@Enron, Joao Nelson/SA/Enron@Enron, Jose 
Garcez/SA/Enron@Enron, Leymir Melo/SA/Enron@Enron, Marcio 
Goes/SA/Enron@Enron, Orlando Puppin/SA/Enron@Enron, Paula 
Porto/SA/Enron@Enron, Sergio Cunha/SA/Enron@Enron, Valeria 
Lima/SA/Enron@Enron, Erik Kingshill/NA/Enron@Enron, Ezequiel 
Benitez/NA/Enron@Enron, Felipe Ospina/NA/Enron@ENRON, Flavia 
Negrete/NA/Enron@Enron, G G Garcia/NA/Enron@Enron, Gerald L 
Gobbi/NA/Enron@Enron, Glenn E Matthys/NA/Enron@Enron, Grisela 
Escamilla/NA/Enron@Enron, Jeremy Dawson/NA/Enron@Enron, Joana Ryan 
Bekerman/NA/Enron@Enron, John Guidry/NA/Enron@Enron, John R 
Ayres/NA/Enron@Enron, Joy Oliver/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Karen E 
Campos/NA/Enron@Enron, Kathleen Wagner/NA/Enron@Enron, Keith 
Miceli/Corp/Enron@Enron, Lewis May/SA/Enron@Enron, Lisa B 
Alderman/NA/Enron@Enron, Lisa Connolly/NA/Enron@Enron, Lisa 
Wolfe/NA/Enron@Enron, Luly Stephens/NA/Enron@Enron, Lynn Aven/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Mary Kimball/NA/Enron@Enron, MaryHelen Martinez/NA/Enron@Enron, Mercy 
Gil/NA/Enron@Enron, Michael Cunningham/NA/Enron@Enron, Michael J 
Popkin/NA/Enron@Enron, Miguel Padron/NA/Enron, Mike G Smith/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Molly Bobrow/NA/Enron@Enron, Nancy H Vu/NA/Enron@Enron, Nancy 
Muchmore/NA/Enron@Enron, Neil Sainsbury-Carter/NA/Enron@Enron, Peter E 
Weidler/NA/Enron@Enron, Rafael Rangel/NA/Enron@Enron, Rick 
Hopkinson/NA/Enron@Enron, Rob G Gay/NA/Enron@Enron, Robin L 
Treadwell/NA/Enron@Enron, Samantha Bryce/NA/Enron@Enron, Sergio 
Avila/NA/Enron@Enron, Terri Denning/Corp/Enron@Enron, Thach C 
Phan/Corp/Enron@Enron, Tracee Bersani@ECT, Veronica Perez/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Yvette Pinero/NA/Enron, Roberto Daniels/NA/Enron, Alberto Carreno/NA/Enron, 
Andrea Calo/SA/Enron, Ariel Bruch/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Bernardo 
Andrews/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Carolina Waingortin/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Cecilia 
Morellato/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Cristian Folgar/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Diego 
Hollweck/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Eduardo Ojea Quintana/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Erica 
Mestre/SA/Enron, Federico Boveda/SA/Enron, Gabriela Aguilar/SA/Enron, 
Guillermo Atenor/SA/Enron, Guillermo Canovas/SA/Enron, Guillermo 
Mulville/SA/Enron, John J Shoobridge/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Julian 
Poole/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Julieta Sedarkevich/SA/Enron, Laura 
Feldman/SA/Enron, Luis Juarros/SA/Enron, Maria Pia Beccaccini/SA/Enron, Maria 
Fernanda Perez Cometto/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mariana Loaiza/SA/Enron, Mario 
Aguilar Benitez/SA/Enron, Marisa Pardellas/SA/Enron, Marta Ortiz/SA/Enron, 
Miguel Cordoba/SA/Enron, Nadia Rodriguez/SA/Enron, Nancy Dominguez/SA/Enron, 
Pablo Acevedo/SA/Enron, Pablo De Rose/SA/Enron, Patrick 
Hansen/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Rodolfo Freyre/SA/Enron, Santiago 
Porta/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Veronica Leppez/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Gustavo 
Bertocchi/SA/Enron, Carlos Bastos/SA/Enron, Fabian Valle/SA/Enron, Silvia 
Dalton/SA/Enron, Sara Dorfman/SA/Enron, Maria Belen Salvador/SA/Enron, 
Leandro Colosqui/SA/Enron, Jorge Lamoure/SA/Enron, Bernardita De 
Negri/SA/Enron, Maria Jose Minguillon/SA/Enron, Steve Hopper/TRANSREDES, Ray 
Alvarez/TRANSREDES, Frank M Sugranes/TRANSREDES, John A Hatton/TRANSREDES, 
Nasim H Khan/TRANSREDES, Denise Almoina/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Ernesto 
Blanco/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mark Provenzano/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Ronald 
Pantin/Ventane/Enron, Miguel Mendoza/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Enrique 
Cadena/HOU/EES, Carlos Alencar/SA/Enron@Enron, Carlos Leme/SA/Enron@Enron, 
Claudio Camargos/SA/Enron@Enron, Helder Mendes/SA/Enron@Enron, Lauro 
Perdiz/SA/Enron@Enron, Olga Guerreiro/SA/Enron@Enron, Ricardo 
Cavalcanti/SA/Enron@Enron, Taciana Amaral/SA/Enron@Enron, 
[email-masked], [email-masked], Estefano 
Vaine/SA/Enron@Enron, Jacy Britto/SA/Enron@Enron, [email-masked], D'Arcy 
Carroll/SA/Enron@Enron, James M Bannantine/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Jose 
Bestard/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Joe Kishkill/SA/Enron@Enron, Jose 
Linardi/SA/Enron@Enron, Ricky Lynn Waddell/SA/Enron@Enron, Brett R 
Wiggs/SA/Enron@Enron, Edward E Graham/SA/Enron@Enron, John 
Novak/SA/Enron@Enron, Vicky Martinez/SA/Enron@Enron, James Joseph 
Monroe/SA/Enron@Enron, Remi Collonges/SA/Enron@Enron, Michael 
Guerriero/SA/Enron, Jeff Kabel/SA/Enron, Federico Cerisoli/SA/Enron, David M 
Rosenberg/SA/Enron@Enron, Maria Ines Granado/SA/Enron, Abraham 
Moreno/NA/Enron@Enron, Allen W Ueckert/NA/Enron@Enron, Blanca 
Bollom/NA/Enron@Enron, Brenda Garza-Castillo/NA/Enron@Enron, Brian 
Swinford/NA/Enron@Enron, Clarissa Cooper/NA/Enron@Enron, Connie F 
Estrems/NA/Enron@Enron, Danthea Dumayas/NA/Enron@Enron, Darryl S 
Free/NA/Enron@Enron, Erik Kingshill/NA/Enron@Enron, Ezequiel 
Benitez/NA/Enron@Enron, Felipe Ospina/NA/Enron@ENRON, Flavia 
Negrete/NA/Enron@Enron, G G Garcia/NA/Enron@Enron, Gerald L 
Gobbi/NA/Enron@Enron, Glenn E Matthys/NA/Enron@Enron, Grisela 
Escamilla/NA/Enron@Enron, Jeremy Dawson/NA/Enron@Enron, Joana Ryan 
Bekerman/NA/Enron@Enron, John Guidry/NA/Enron@Enron, John R 
Ayres/NA/Enron@Enron, Joy Oliver/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT@ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Karen E 
Campos/NA/Enron@Enron, Kathleen Wagner/NA/Enron@Enron, Keith 
Miceli/Corp/Enron@Enron, Lewis May/SA/Enron@Enron, Lisa B 
Alderman/NA/Enron@Enron, Lisa Connolly/NA/Enron@Enron, Lisa 
Wolfe/NA/Enron@Enron, Luly Stephens/NA/Enron@Enron, Lynn Aven/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Mary Kimball/NA/Enron@Enron, MaryHelen Martinez/NA/Enron@Enron, Mercy 
Gil/NA/Enron@Enron, Michael Cunningham/NA/Enron@Enron, Michael J 
Popkin/NA/Enron@Enron, Miguel Padron/NA/Enron, Mike G Smith/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Molly Bobrow/NA/Enron@Enron, Nancy H Vu/NA/Enron@Enron, Nancy 
Muchmore/NA/Enron@Enron, Neil Sainsbury-Carter/NA/Enron@Enron, Peter E 
Weidler/NA/Enron@Enron, Rafael Rangel/NA/Enron@Enron, Rick 
Hopkinson/NA/Enron@Enron, Rob G Gay/NA/Enron@Enron, Robin L 
Treadwell/NA/Enron@Enron, Samantha Bryce/NA/Enron@Enron, Sergio 
Avila/NA/Enron@Enron, Terri Denning/Corp/Enron@Enron, Thach C 
Phan/Corp/Enron@Enron, Tracee Bersani@ECT, Veronica Perez/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Yvette Pinero/NA/Enron, Roberto Daniels/NA/Enron, Alberto Carreno/NA/Enron, 
Andrea Calo/SA/Enron, Ariel Bruch/SA/Enron, Bernardo Andrews/SA/Enron, 
Carolina Waingortin/SA/Enron, Cecilia Morellato/SA/Enron, Cristian 
Folgar/SA/Enron, Diego Hollweck/SA/Enron, Eduardo Ojea 
Quintana/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Erica Mestre/SA/Enron, Federico Boveda/SA/Enron, 
Gabriela Aguilar/SA/Enron, Guillermo Atenor/SA/Enron, Guillermo 
Canovas/SA/Enron, Guillermo Mulville/SA/Enron, John J Shoobridge/SA/Enron, 
Julian Poole/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Julieta Sedarkevich/SA/Enron, Laura 
Feldman/SA/Enron, Luis Juarros/SA/Enron, Maria Pia Beccaccini/SA/Enron, Maria 
Fernanda Perez Cometto/SA/Enron, Mariana Loaiza/SA/Enron, Mario Aguilar 
Benitez/SA/Enron, Marisa Pardellas/SA/Enron, Marta Ortiz/SA/Enron, Miguel 
Cordoba/SA/Enron, Nadia Rodriguez/SA/Enron, Nancy Dominguez/SA/Enron, Pablo 
Acevedo/SA/Enron, Pablo De Rose/SA/Enron, Patrick Hansen/SA/Enron, Rodolfo 
Freyre/SA/Enron, Santiago Porta/SA/Enron, Veronica Leppez/SA/Enron, Gustavo 
Bertocchi/SA/Enron, Carlos Bastos/SA/Enron, Fabian Valle/SA/Enron, Silvia 
Dalton/SA/Enron, Sara Dorfman/SA/Enron, Maria Belen Salvador/SA/Enron, 
Leandro Colosqui/SA/Enron, Jorge Lamoure/SA/Enron, Bernardita De 
Negri/SA/Enron, Maria Jose Minguillon/SA/Enron, Steve Hopper/TRANSREDES, Ray 
Alvarez/TRANSREDES, Frank M Sugranes/TRANSREDES, John A Hatton/TRANSREDES, 
Nasim H Khan/TRANSREDES, Denise Almoina/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Ernesto 
Blanco/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mark Provenzano/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Ronald 
Pantin/Ventane/Enron, Miguel Mendoza/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Enrique 
Cadena/HOU/EES, German Mutis/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Adriana 
Cabrera/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Alberto Levy/SA/Enron, Marilyn Rios/Ventane/Enron, 
Jesus Rivero/SA/Enron, Sandra Lugo/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Mark Frevert/NA/Enron, 
Greg Whalley/HOU/ECT, David W Delainey/HOU/ECT, John J Lavorato/Corp/Enron, 
Mark E Haedicke/HOU/ECT, Richard Shapiro/NA/Enron, Wes Colwell/HOU/ECT, David 
Oxley/HOU/ECT, Joseph Deffner/HOU/ECT, Rebecca McDonald/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, 
James A Hughes/ENRON_DEVELOPMENT, Nicki Daw/NA/Enron, Kay Chapman/HOU/ECT, 
Kimberly Hillis/HOU/ECT

------------------------------------------------------------message--
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I need ASAP-- South America is going home & they are off tomorrow ----Thanks, 
kay

On November 8, the Office of the Chairman, issued an important communication, 
announcing significant organizational changes in Enron's worldwide 
operations. The purpose of this memo is to share with you the decisions that 
are underway to restructure  Enron,s operations in South America.  The basic 
organizational framework has been set. 

As you know, Diomedes Christodoulou and Jim Bannantine will be assuming new 
responsibilities within Enron. Replacing them will be Orlando Gonzalez and 
Joe Kishkill, who will become the Co-Presidents of South America, reporting 
to Dave Delainey and John Lavorato.  They will share overall responsibility; 
however, Orlando,s focus will be on direct sales origination, 
commercial/government relationships and regulatory issues.  Joe,s focus will 
be on wholesale origination, financial and operating performance and overall 
country management.  In addition, Orlando will continue as President and CEO 
of Elektro until its ultimate sale.

The existing, large integrated asset base in South America (excluding 
Elektro) will be managed and operated by Rebecca McDonald and Jim Hughes in 
Enron Global Assets, which is part of Enron Wholesale Services under Mark 
Frevert. Ultimately, there will be very close coordination in both Brazil and 
Argentina between Enron Americas and Enron Global Assets to ensure that our 
reputation in South America is protected, our asset positions are being 
managed prudently and that commercial opportunities surrounding these assets 
are pursued.

The remaining natural gas and electrical commercial activities in South 
America will be organized around the highly successful North American network 
business model.  This model employs people, market making, physical 
commodities, capital and assets to provide reliable, flexible and high-value 
products to our customers.  It is people and intellectual capital based and 
enjoys high rates of return on invested capital.

In the interest of pursuing this strategy, the following teams will report to 
Joe and Orlando:
 
The Commercial Origination team will be lead by Brett Wiggs.  The team will  
focus on covering South American markets, primarily Brazilian and Argentine 
natural gas and electricity, with the following goals:

? Generating new, innovative, reliable and high value products and services 
needed by the market by utilizing our commodity, asset and capital 
capabilities;
? Providing those products and services across South America and across the 
value chain, including wholesale and retail, based upon the highest value 
opportunity;
? Finding structural value arbitrages in the South American market and move 
quickly to capitalize;
? Assisting the Risk Management and Trading organization in managing the 
overall risk of the organization;
? Managing all new power and asset development opportunities in South America 
consistent with this strategy, and
? Providing the Risk Management and Trading organization information and deal 
flow.

The Commercial Origination team will consist of a diverse group of people who 
work as a single team which bring the required skills including commodity, 
capital, regulatory, asset, development, market, structuring, deal execution, 
finance and country knowledge necessary to reach our goals. 

The Trading and Risk Management team will be headed by Remi Collonges.  The 
team will continue to develop pricing information and manage the price book 
for the relevant energy markets in support of the wholesale and direct sales 
efforts.  Additionally, the team will work toward implementation of actively 
trading South American energy commodities.  This group will be responsible 
for managing Enron South America,s overall risk and will have a direct 
reporting relationship with John Lavorato in his role as head of the Americas 
risk activities.

The Argentine effort will be integrated into the overall South American 
Commercial Origination and Trading and Risk Management groups; however, we 
will continue to maintain an Argentine office headed by Michael Guerriero.  

The goal of the reorganization is to create a flat team oriented organization 
that is very market and commercially focused.  The following support 
functions will assist the overall business objectives of the commercial team 
and will report into Joe and Orlando, plus into their line functions in 
Houston.  The overall goal is to ensure that the South American business 
units have an adequate support organization to evaluate opportunities, as 
well as manage day-to-day business and risk.  Otherwise, the Houston 
infrastructure will provide resources as needed to manage peak requirements 
in South America, not unlike other businesses in Enron Americas.

These groups include:

The Government Affairs team, which will be headed by Sergio Assad, will 
manage the relationships with the relevant regulatory agencies as well as 
governmental ministries.  The primary regulatory goal will be to facilitate, 
in the near term, substantive changes to the regulatory rules to allow a 
functioning wholesale traded market in Brazil and Argentina. Sergio will 
assume his responsibilities upon completion of the Elektro sale.  During this 
interim period, Jose Bestard will continue to be in charge of the regulatory 
function.  Once Sergio makes the transition, he will also report to Rick 
Shapiro in Enron Government Affairs.

The Finance team will be headed by Britaldo Soares.  The team will manage the 
interface with Enron Global Finance.  Britaldo will transition from his 
current duties at Elektro upon completion of the Elektro sale.  Britaldo will 
also report to Joe Deffner in Enron Global Finance.  Rob Gay will be 
assisting Britaldo during the transition, while continuing his work on the 
Cuiaba project.

The Legal team, which will be lead by Randy Young, as general counsel, and 
John Novak, as deputy general counsel, will manage South America,s legal 
requirements.  Randy and John will also report to Mark Haedicke in Enron 
Wholesale Services - Legal Department.

Miguel Padron will become Chief of Staff.  Human Resources, Information 
Technology, Treasury, Accounting & Reporting, as well as Administration will 
report to Miguel.  This will bring focus to essential, but non-commercial 
functions, as well as more efficiently manage key matrix reporting 
relationships with Enron.  Miguel will also report to David Oxley in Enron 
Wholesale Services ) Human Resources and Wes Colwell in Enron Wholesale 
Services ) Business Analysis and Reporting.

These changes are consistent with Enron's evolving business strategy and 
reflect our continuing commitment to grow the company by maximizing our 
financial and intellectual capital.  However, in line with the new 
organizational structure and the near term potential for business in the 
region, further budget reductions will be necessary.  People directly 
affected will be notified shortly.
 
Enron is committed to continue the successful implementation of its 
businesses in South America.  We believe that as the markets develop, we are 
uniquely positioned to leverage Enron,s core capabilities and create 
shareholder value.