Subject: Coal Fired Generation
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mike, this looks great - looking forward to seeing your final thoughts.

Regards
Delainey
---------------------- Forwarded by David W Delainey/HOU/ECT on 07/11/2000 
11:56 PM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Michael J Beyer                           07/11/2000 06:04 PM

To: David W Delainey/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: George McClellan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Daniel Reck/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Coal Fired Generation

Dave

In response to your e mail, this is meant to update you on the status of the 
search for potential coal fired generation sites.

We have used the following criteria to screen potential sites east of the 
Mississippi including the following:

 Underutilized existing coal fired generation (15 sites)
 Existing coal fired generation that is on cold stand by (12 sites)
 Coal units that have been retired (20 sites)
 Coal fired units that at one time had planned coal unit additions that were 
delayed or cancelled (11 sites)
 Undeveloped sites that had planned to build coal units (13 sites)
 Undeveloped sites that had planned to build nuclear units (5 sites)

We are in the process of prioritizing each site based on infrastructure, 
transmission access, market and permit status. That effort should be 
concluded this week and the study forwarded to you. We are also talking with 
two coal operators that are in the process of developing their own coal fired 
generation in Kentucky and West Virginia.

We will keep you apprised of the progress and meet with you again as we move 
to the next stage.