Subject: Re: Q2
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 05:23:00 -0700 (PDT)

Guys, as per our discussion, I am assuming that the upstream group will 
provide gross margin (not including trading) of $30.7M net of the HPL 
compressor writedown of $3.0M.

Regards
Delainey
---------------------- Forwarded by David W Delainey/HOU/ECT on 06/28/2000 
12:21 PM ---------------------------

Brian Redmond
06/27/2000 06:45 PM
To: David W Delainey/HOU/ECT@ECT, Wes Colwell/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: Q2  

Wes,

Please clarify -  I think you were a few million off on the Upstream Plan 
#.   Per the weekly earnings estimate my gross margin plan numbers are as 
follows:

    Q2 Plan  
Upstream Origination  $18.423  
HPL (non Texas Trading) $10.746
LRC    $   1.690
    $30.859

Texas Trading   $   7.570 
    
Total Upstream Plan Q2: $38.429

David W Delainey
06/27/2000 02:44 PM
To: Janet R Dietrich/HOU/ECT@ECT, Christopher F Calger/PDX/ECT@ECT, Rodney 
Malcolm/HOU/ECT@ECT, W David Duran/HOU/ECT@ECT, Brian Redmond/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
George McClellan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rob Milnthorp/CAL/ECT@ECT, Wes 
Colwell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Raymond Bowen/HOU/ECT@ECT, Andrea V Reed/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Q2

Guys, we are getting close to completing the quarter, the following gross 
margin is expected from each of these groups before the end of the week.  If 
there is any issue of any type please give me or Wes a call. If there are any 
upsides to these numbers please let us know as well.

 East Origination  $1.000 M
 West Origination $9.086 M (inclusive of all QF fair value)
 Industrial (incl trading) $12.899 M
 Generation Invest $45.350 M (including fair value and accretion on ECP)
 ENA Upstream  $41.112 M (including Sithe earnings plus HPL, LRC and upstream 
origination)
 Coal   $4.161 M
 Canada  $11.50 M
 
 Equity Portfolio  Current MPR for quarter ($26.786M) (large positions - 
moves with market)
    plus an additional writedown of ($279K) equivalent to $27.5 M less ECP 
and West QF earnings listed above minus $10M.

Regards
Delainey