Subject: FW: Houston Chronicle Story on Enron
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:04:00 -0800 (PST)

Mark, do we really want a story on SA at this point? Seems we have better 
things to talk about at this point in time.

Regards
Delainey
---------------------- Forwarded by David W Delainey/HOU/ECT on 01/03/2001 
10:55 PM ---------------------------

Joe Kishkill@ENRON
01/03/2001 10:43 AM
To: David W Delainey/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: FW: Houston Chronicle Story on Enron

Dave,

FYI on the content of this proposed interview.

My suggestion to PR was to have you and/or John L. be the primary 
interviewees, with me sitting by your side to add local commentary (if 
needed).  I was trying to take the story in the following direction:  Enron 
is now applying its successful NA business model to South America...these are 
the things we will be doing now...these are the things we will be doing in 
the future...discuss logic of the split of assets versus commercial business 
units...this is a natural step in the evolution of the South AMerican market 
and in the evolution of Enron...etc.

I have not called you since I figure you are crushed under the post holiday 
"pile".  I will be in Houston Thursday (one day ahead of PRC) in the EB on 
floor 49.

We are surviving down here and moving forward.  I need to pick your brain 
about an agenda for your visit next week when convenient for you (earlier is 
obviously better for us)

Thanks,

Kish 
---------------------- Forwarded by Joe Kishkill/SA/Enron on 01/03/2001 10:36 
AM ---------------------------
From: Keith Miceli on 01/02/2001 04:09 PM
To: Joe Kishkill/SA/Enron@Enron
cc:  

Subject: FW: Houston Chronicle Story on Enron

Kish:  I relayed your "protocol" question to John Ambler, VP for Intl PR, as 
he set up the interview with Rebecca.  I'm waiting to hear from him on your 
suggestion.  Meanwhile, attached is a description of the scope of the 
article--which the reporter just told me might be changing somewhat.  I'll 
keep you posted.  Regards, Keith
---------------------- Forwarded by Keith Miceli/Corp/Enron on 01/02/2001 
04:47 PM ---------------------------

"Moreno, Jenalia" <[email-masked]> on 01/02/2001 01:09:23 PM
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:  

Subject: FW: Fact Sheets on Enron Assets in SA

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 5:37 PM
To: Moreno, Jenalia
Subject: RE: Fact Sheets on Enron Assets in SA

Jena:  I look forward to receiving more details on the storyline that you
will be developing.  Meanwhile, I work on identifying who you should
interview in Enron to provide you with the information you are seeking.
Regards, Keith

"Moreno, Jenalia" <[email-masked]> on 12/12/2000 05:29:55 PM

To:   "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:  RE: Fact Sheets on Enron Assets in SA

Hi Keith,
Here's some thoughts we have on the story. Of course, like Enron, we're
willing to be flexible, depending on what we find out.

 Since it began in 1985, Enron has always been in the vanguard of U.S.
companies getting into new markets overseas, from India, where the company
made the largest single private investment in the country's history, to
Japan where the company recently announced it will build its first power
plant. How has the company overcome political obstacles and cultural
differences to establish itself internationally?
 This will focus more on South America than the rest of the world. I'll
look
at the transition from working on pipeline projects in South America to the
more service-oriented business in Argentina. Also, what about workers - do
you hire local management and oversee the operations from Houston? IF so,
why? I'll also look at the pipeline and the creation of this natural gas
market in South America. How did the project ultimately turn out for
residents & customers there? What does Enron see in its future in South
America.

I know this is pretty vague, but I expect to do more research in the coming
weeks and have it more ironed out.

jena
(713)220-7208
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 5:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Fact Sheets on Enron Assets in SA

---------------------- Forwarded by Keith Miceli/Corp/Enron on 12/11/2000
06:09 PM ---------------------------

 (Embedded
 image moved
 to file:      From:  Keith Miceli
 pic02363.pcx) 12/11/2000 05:18 PM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:

Subject:  Fact Sheets on Enron Assets in SA

Jena:  As discussed, attached the fact sheets that I promised.  Keith

(See attached file: FactSheet-CEG.doc)(See attached file:
FactSheet-Cuiaba.doc)(See attached file: FactSheet-ELEKTRO.doc)(See
attached file: FactSheet-Gaspart.doc)(See attached file: FactSheet-TGS.doc)
(See attached file: FactSheet-Transredes.doc)