Subject: MEH Quarter Success
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:49:00 -0700 (PDT)

Laura, I would like to congratulate you and your group on a very successful 
quarter. Hats off to the team!!  Let me know how I can help.

Please forward to your organization as appropriate.

Regards
Delainey
---------------------- Forwarded by David W Delainey/HOU/ECT on 07/11/2000 
11:42 PM ---------------------------

	
	From:  Laura Luce @ ENRON                           07/11/2000 08:06 PM

To: Tim Hermann/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Roy Rodriguez/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Steve 
Richman/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Paul Burgener/Corp/Enron@ENRON, [email-masked], 
Richard Tomaski/Corp/Enron@Enron, Gregg Penman/Corp/Enron@Enron, Barbara G 
Dillard/Corp/Enron@Enron, Cary M Carrabine/Corp/Enron@Enron, Russell E 
Murrell/Corp/Enron@Enron, Lee Fascetti/Corp/Enron@Enron, Kevin P 
Radous/Corp/Enron@Enron, Lynn Pikofsky/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Steven 
Curlee/Corp/Enron@Enron, Sheila Tweed/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jeffrey T 
Hodge/HOU/ECT@ECT, Deirdre McCaffrey/HOU/ECT@ECT, Ed McMichael/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Janet R Dietrich/HOU/ECT@ECT, David W Delainey/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
[email-masked], Hunter S Shively/HOU/ECT@ECT, Fletcher J 
Sturm/HOU/ECT@ECT, Darron C Giron/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: MEH Quarter Success

Hat's off to the group for a very successful quarter for MEH.  I graciously 
commend everyone for the teamwork and perseverance displayed in tackling the 
array of transactions and tasks to ensure the successful start of our new 
joint business.  We continue to have many challenges ahead, but I wanted to 
take pause and in particular commend the following:

Trunkline Transaction Team - Roy Rodriguez, Russell Murrell, and Steve Curlee 
brought to closure a significant transaction with leveraged off many groups 
in the PEC and Enron organizations.  Net transaction mark to market on behalf 
of MEH was $2,286,634  with accrual and option values to be realized over the 
3 year term of the arrangement.  Team work permeated this transaction and 
thanks are due to 1) legal teams for PEC led by Mary Klyasheff and for ENA 
led by Sheila Tweed and Jeff Hodge 2) structuring group support from Steve 
Curlee,  Deirdre McCaffrey and Ed McMichael 3) Tony Compton for the 
successful closure of gas supply transactions with third parties 4) to all 
else who covered the many transaction closing issues and bookings. 
NSS and NGPL Capacity Transaction Team - Steve Richman, Roy Rodriguez, 
Richard Tomaski, Barbara Dillard and Lee Fascetti successfully proposed, 
negotiated and are now managing a 3 year storage and capacity management of 
approximately 18 BCF/year of NGPL no-notice storage and accompanying 
transportation with realized value year to date for MEH of $1,510,459  with 
an additional $1,541,835  of value to PGL ratepayers.  This transaction will 
continue to be a significant asset to leverage into the intra-day market  and 
our initial platform for on-line business (EOL).
Daily Optimization - Richard Tomaski, Barbara Dillard, Steve Richman, Tim 
Hermann, Cary Carrabine and Lee Fascetti , diligently pursued and completed 
other significant transactions for MEH totalling $1,252,584 for this 
quarter.  Richard Tomaski and Kevin Radous have spent endless amounts of time 
(and evenings/weekends) to ensure that MEH had a P&L to represent for the 
groups hard work and my many thanks extend to both.
Business Set-up - Tim Hermann, Roy Rodriguez, Paul Burgener, Gregg Penman, 
Kevin Radous, Richard Tomaksi, and Barbara Dillard have toiled diligently and 
continue to proceed in contracts/policy and procedures between PEC/ENA/PGL 
and third parties. Additional thanks are due to all groups within accounting, 
economics, and trading within PEC and ENA in support of this new business and 
we ask for your continued engagement.

Over the next month, we must get closure on the remaining requirements of 
running a tightly managed and successful business venture.  We must continue 
to take our ideas and strategies to financially successful commercial 
operation .  Momentum is now on our side...

Thanx,

Laura