Subject: ROCE and Cost Iniatives
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

Wes, as per our discussion, I wanted to detail the action items from the 
analysis: 
  a) the Office of the Chairman will be increasing the visibility of ROCE and 
cost metrics as a part of the QBR process;
  b) the ROCE iniatives include:
   - HPL divestment - Donahue/Detmering/Redmond;
   - GENCO strategy or possible peaker sales - Donahue/Miller;
   - MPR rationalization, Raptor strategy and divestment/clean-up - 
Donahue/Maffitt/Peterson
   - LRC optimization, increased performance - Redmond/Mrha;
   -Sithe restructuring, elimination of the tracking account - Donahue;
   - Powder and Wind River sales - Redmond/Mrha.
  c) specific cost reduction iniatives as detailed in your presentation - 
implement with feedback/measurement process to ensure buy in - Wes Colwell;
  and d) further analysis on quality of product/service for cost for 
non-commercial and group expenses - Wes Colwell.

Regards
Delainey