Subject: NEW STORAGE FLAG
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 05:03:00 -0700 (PDT)

We are going to add a new drop down flag to STORAGE in SITARA to 
differentiate the difference between physical and synthetic storage - as each 
are
treated differently for inventory accounting purposes.   A change will also 
be made to Global Contracts and UNIFY, and is intended to assist with OA 
variances
on STORAGE.

On the next release (mid August) we will add a drop down on the STORAGE deal 
type which will be a required field.
Someone will need to edit the existing deals to add the flag - as it will be 
a required field - physical facility or synthetic. 
(We can create queries to work with you on identifying deals that need to be 
converted - as well as results for Global conversion)

Global Contracts uses the flags from SITARA to set up new contracts - so 
SITARA will add the flag on the deal.

The flag will be stored in Global Contracts - which will feed the flag to 
UNIFY.

Once the existing deals are converted in SITARA, Global Contracts can add the 
appropriate flag to their system.
Once this is complete and UNIFY is ready, UNIFY can begin to feed in the 
information from Global Contracts, and we will then 
be able to differentiate the two in the accounting system.

In the interim time, you may want to identify your synthetic vs. physical 
storage deals.

Let me know if you have any questions.