Subject: Re: Sitara Release (Re: Changes in Global due to Consent to Assignment)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 07:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

Volume Management should be fine with this change. All name changes will be 
still attached to the original path of the Buy/Sell deal. The Settlement 
Group will have to make sure that the new name that is being added to the 
deal has the appropriate 'Statement Group' attached.  Other than that this 
change should flow smoothly.

Thanks,
m.m.

   

From:  Donna Greif                                                            
 04/05/2000 01:18 PM	

	                           

To: Kathryn Bussell/HOU/ECT@ECT, Robert Cotten/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mark 
McClure/HOU/ECT@ECT, Gary L Payne/HOU/ECT, Richard Pinion/HOU/ECT@ECT, Robert 
Superty/HOU/ECT@ECT, George Smith/HOU/ECT@ECT, Katherine L Kelly/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Randall L Gay/HOU/ECT@ECT, Daren J Farmer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Edward 
Terry/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Dave Nommensen/HOU/ECT@ECT, Diane E Niestrath/HOU/ECT@ECT, Carrie 
Hollomon/HOU/ECT@ect, Bryce Baxter/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kathryn Cordes/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Dana Daigle/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Elizabeth L Hernandez/HOU/ECT@ECT, Julie 
Meyers/HOU/ECT@ECT, B Scott Palmer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Stephanie Sever/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Dianne J Swiber/HOU/ECT@ECT, Peggy Hedstrom/CAL/ECT@ECT, Dianne 
Seib/CAL/ECT@ECT, Sylvia A Campos/HOU/ECT@ECT, Linda S Bryan/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Faye Ellis/HOU/ECT@ECT, Donna Consemiu/HOU/ECT@ECT, Scott Mills/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Russ Severson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Martha Stevens/HOU/ECT@ECT, Karie 
Hastings/HOU/ECT@ECT, Regina Perkins/HOU/ECT@ECT, Imelda Frayre/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
William E Kasemervisz/HOU/ECT@ECT, Hunaid Engineer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steven 
Gullion/HOU/ECT@ECT, Larrissa Sharma/HOU/ECT@ECT, Thomas Engel/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Re: Sitara Release (Re: Changes in Global due to Consent to 
Assignment)  

FYI....

This change went in for the Deal Validation group.   It gives them the 
ability to change counterparties names after bridge back.

Impact to Logistics - Unify
If a counterparty name change takes place to deals that have been bridge 
backed, it could cause problems on EDI pipes as that new counterparty name 
will flow over to Unify and repathing should eventually take place.
One problem may be with the Imbalance data sets, which are not in production 
yet......(EDI Imbalance Qtys would not match up to paths)
This may also cause an issue with the scheduled quantities (especially where 
nominations were sent for entire month)
can't remember the rules on this one, but I think Unify does have some safe 
guards (idiot proofs) to force re-pathing.
Unify does have the ability to over-ride duns numbers, yet would still cause 
an additional step for EDI the scheduler would need to think through in order 
to get a clean quick response.
What are (if any) impacts to Vol Mgt if counterparty name changes take 
place?  (prior periods?  re-pathing?)

I have a call into Diane and Dave both.  After speaking w/ them, hopefully I 
can get a clear understanding of the true impact.  I am sure we'll need to 
put some processes and procedures together for Deal Validation to follow when 
these type of changes are needed.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,

dg

   

	From:  Thomas Engel                           04/05/2000 09:44 AM

To: Kathryn Cordes/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dana Daigle/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Elizabeth L 
Hernandez/HOU/ECT@ECT, Julie Meyers/HOU/ECT@ECT, B Scott Palmer/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Stephanie Sever/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dianne J Swiber/HOU/ECT@ECT, Peggy 
Hedstrom/CAL/ECT@ECT, Dianne Seib/CAL/ECT@ECT
cc: Sylvia A Campos/HOU/ECT@ECT, Linda S Bryan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Faye 
Ellis/HOU/ECT@ECT, Donna Consemiu/HOU/ECT@ECT, Scott Mills/HOU/ECT@ECT, Russ 
Severson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Martha Stevens/HOU/ECT@ECT, Karie Hastings/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Regina Perkins/HOU/ECT@ECT, Imelda Frayre/HOU/ECT@ECT, William E 
Kasemervisz/HOU/ECT@ECT, Hunaid Engineer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steven 
Gullion/HOU/ECT@ECT, Larrissa Sharma/HOU/ECT@ECT, Donna Greif/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Sitara Release (Re: Changes in Global due to Consent to Assignment)

Regarding the ability to change counterparties on deals in SITARA with 
confirmed volumes - Tom's words of caution:

If someone calls you and wants to change a counterparty - we created the 
ability for you to invalidate the deal - and 
then change the counterparty - however - I did add a warning message:

"Warning - changing counterparty on deal with confirmed volumes - make sure 
pipeline allows this change."   

Some pipelines do not allow us to change counterparties after there is 
feedback - I assume for the same reasons
we had this rule - it used to blow up our old scheduling systems 
(pre-UNIFY).  Some pipelines will require a new 
deal and we will have to zero out the old deal.

Before you make the change - make sure the logistics person is aware - just 
in case it causes problems with their
pipeline.   Sorry - I don't know which pipes these are - you will have to ask 
the UNIFY team.

There is one rule still in place - you can change from ENA-IM East to ENA-IM 
Market East - but not from 
ENA-IM Texas to HPLC-IM HPLC - when changing business units - they must be 
the same legal entity. 
"Warning - not the same legal entity"

Also - beware of making contract and counterparty changes to Service deals 
(Transport Capacity, Storage, Cash Out).
Once the deal is invalidated - there are no rules.  Don't forget - the items 
were locked down for a reason.
 If you invalidate a service deal - and change the previously locked down 
data that was validated - and someone used these
deals in UNIFY - it is highly likely that the UNIFY deals and paths created 
using these deals will get corrupted.  Always check 
with someone from UNIFY to make sure no one used these deals for anything in 
UNIFY.

---------------------- Forwarded by Thomas Engel/HOU/ECT on 04/05/2000 09:47 
AM ---------------------------
From: Scott Mills on 04/04/2000 07:38 PM
To: Kathryn Cordes/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dana Daigle/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Elizabeth L 
Hernandez/HOU/ECT@ECT, Julie Meyers/HOU/ECT@ECT, B Scott Palmer/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Stephanie Sever/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dianne J Swiber/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Steve Jackson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Thomas Engel/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sylvia A 
Campos/HOU/ECT@ECT, Linda S Bryan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Faye Ellis/HOU/ECT@ECT, Donna 
Consemiu/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: Sitara Release (Re: Changes in Global due to Consent to Assignment)  

With the release that was put out Tuesday evening, Deal Validation should be 
able to change the counterparty on deals where the volume is something other 
than expected (e.g. confirmed, nominated, scheduled, etc.).  

In addition, this release will also capture "near-time" the contract changes 
that are made in global.  This means that need for server bounces will not be 
necessary.

 New/Changes to contracts will show up without having to get out of deal 
manager.
 New Counterparties, and new/changes to facilities will require getting out 
of all active Sitara apps (except for launch pad).  
  Once out of all apps, start a new app - the respective information that you 
are looking for will appear.

I mention "near-time" because we are constrained by the amount of time it 
takes for the change in Global data to trigger an alert for Sitara who then 
updates its information

SRM (x33548)

Cyndie Balfour-Flanagan@ENRON
04/04/2000 03:41 PM
To: Connie Sutton/HOU/ECT@ECT, Linda S Bryan/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kathryn 
Cordes/HOU/ECT@ECT, Scott Mills/HOU/ECT@ECT, Richard Elwood/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dave 
Nommensen/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kenneth M Harmon/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dana 
Daigle/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Kathryn Cordes/HOU/ECT@ECT, Elizabeth L 
Hernandez/HOU/ECT@ECT, Julie Meyers/HOU/ECT@ECT, B Scott Palmer/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Stephanie Sever/HOU/ECT@ECT, Dianne J Swiber/HOU/ECT@ECT, Gayle 
Horn/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Brant Reves/HOU/ECT@ECT, Russell Diamond/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Debbie R Brackett/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Jackson/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Changes in Global due to Consent to Assignment

The following changes will be made in the Global Contracts database due to 
receipt of executed Consent to Assignment for the following contracts:

Current Counterparty Name   Contract Type  Contract #   'New' Counterparty 
Name
CES - Commonwealth Energy Services  GISB   96029892  Commonwealth Energy 
Services

CES - Samuel Gary Jr. & Associates, Inc  GISB   96029302  Samuel Gary Jr. & 
Associates

CES - South Jersey Gas Company  GISB   96029143  South Jersey Gas Company

CP name change and Contract Type correction (Contract Type different than 
that provided by CES)
Per CES
CES - Southwest Gas Corporation  1/1/98 GISB  96029146

Per Contract File
CES - Southwest Gas Corporation  04/14/93 Master Purchase/Sale Interruptible 
(will edit Global #96029146)
&
CES - Southwest Gas Corporation  12/01/94 Master Sale Firm   (created new 
Global record to accommodate this K, #96037402)

Please note that Southwest Gas Corporation has consented to the assignment of 
both of these contracts.