Subject: FYI -New Product on EOL
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 14:17:00 -0800 (PST)

Just so everyone is on the same page:

Based on Jennifer and Dale's discussions with Eric Bass, a new "tokenized 
period" will be set up in EOL.  The intent of this period (quick overview) is 
to allow for gas flow Monday through Friday and no flow on the weekends.  
This will generally be traded for in full month or rest of the month 
increments.

It is my understanding the although the trade can be conveyed correctly to 
the customer and priced accordingly using EOL, the trade itself (with 
Multiple Monday - Friday, no flow during weekend periods) cannot be handled 
internally by EOL.  Just as EOL is not able to handle this trade, the Sitara 
bridge from EOL cannot handle this trade.  Because of this, there should be 
heighten attention by Trade Capture given to the EOL Bridge monitor.  These 
trades will error out and will have to be entered manually.

An effort needs to be evaluated and prioritized by both applications (EOL and 
Sitara) on how a deal with multi-periods can flow without human 
intervention.  This has not been started.  In the meantime, a deal of this 
nature will have to be entered manually.

How do I know that a particular deal has multi-period flow?  Once the EOL 
product has been set up, Jennifer and/or Dale will let all involved know.  
The person(s) responsible for entering the deal will have to understand what 
is meant by the EOL product's delivery period and enter the deal 
accordingly.  

For example, assume that a deal has been traded for April:

  Four delivery periods (separate lines) should be included in the Sitara 
ticket
  
  Start: 04/03 Stop: 04/07
   04/10  04/14
   04/17  04/21
   04/24  04/28 
  
 Each delivery period (line) should have the same pricing

 Remember to enter the EOL deal number when creating the Sitara trade.

 Also remember that paths created in Unify assume the stop date is open 
ended.  Every effort needs to be made to make sure the appropriate end date 
is on the path; otherwise
 the number of reconciling items will increase.

Please forward this information to anyone else you think might be impacted.

Any concerns, please contact Sheri Thomas or myself.

SRM (x33548)