Subject: HPL Meter #985579
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 05:12:00 -0800 (PST)

Gary:

HPL received  volumes at the above meter during 1/1/99 thru 6/99.  Prior to 
1/1/99, ENA was purchasing some of the volumes from I P Petroleum under 
contract #016-44386-102; Deal #341832.   This deal expired 12/31/99, but the 
volumes continued to flow and be allocated to I P Petroleum by Pioneer.   
Since there was no deal to cover these volumes, these volumes were allocated 
to HPL Strangers Gas Contract.  

Volume Mgmt had previously requested a deal to cover these volumes from 
someone, but never received one.

Here are the months and volumes that need resolution:

Prod. Mth Mmbtus
Jan. 99    6,510 
Feb. 99    6,395
Mar. 99  14,789
Apr. 99  16,866
May. 99    8,415
Jun.  99  13,858

Total  66,833

Possible Solution:

1.  Need a Deal to cover the periods in question, or
2.  Provide authorization to writeoff the volumes.  (Print & return original 
to Clem Cernosek)

                                                                              
                                                                        
 APPROVAL to Writeoff the volumes to Unaccounted for Gas Loss

PS:   My understanding is that neither  I P Petroleum nor Pioneer have 
addressed any issues concerning these volumes.