Subject: Re: PRC Meeting Agenda Recap
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 04:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

To clarify the discussion below:  I will not be discussing the promotion 
candidates with Sally prior to her PRC meeting on 6/19/00.

As a reminder, our PRC meeting will be held on Tuesday, 6/13 in EB37C1, 
beginning @ 12:00 Noon.  Lunch will be served, and Yvette has drinks and 
snacks throughout the day.  Our goal will be NOT to have dinner, but if 
necessary, we will.  I suggest each of you to make arrangements to stay as 
late as needed to ensure we reach a quality work product.

Our agenda:

Review of ground rules and responsibilities of the committee.

Each of you will provide a general business assessment of your team.  HR 
challenges should be identified along with needed skill sets, gap analysis 
and succession planning.  The template below should be used for the format.  
I am not interested in discussing the business goals, but you probably need 
to think through these in order to discuss the assessments that we will want 
to discuss as a group.

Review and discussion of exempt employees.  Each will be categorized into the 
six descriptors used in the feedback process.  I am expecting each of you to 
have a listing of accomplishments from your employees along with factual 
feedback and observations which will allow you to place your employees into 
appropriate categories.  I would like to stress that the data to sustantiate 
the performance descriptor should be factual and documented.  The focus of 
employee discussions must be on each employee's individual contribution 
towards accomplishing our business goals.  We must safeguard our discussions 
from "he said, she said" periferal distractors, and focus on the work product.

Promotion candidates discussion.

Once again, the PRC process is a valued process at Enron.  Each of you have 
been through it, so you understand the importance of confidentiality.  
Additionally, the Committee will be required to reach an unanimous vote.  
Please come to the meeting with your "Enron" hat on - not your individual 
group hat.  Our people are critical to our business.  Therefore, it is 
important for us to be honest when evaluating our staff.  We must identify 
our stengths and weaknesses, and work towards strengthening our people to 
ensure the very best business service we can provide.  What this means is 
that we should provide our employees with the very best constructive feedback 
possible.  In some cases, you may be providing a tough message, but it is our 
responsibility and obligation to ensure that each employee fully understands 
expectations, where they are on point and where they are NOT on point of 
meeting these expectations so that they can have the next six months to build 
needed skill sets and/or correct behaviors.  This is your obligation as their 
immediate supervisor.   If you have any questions, concerns or issues you 
would like to talk about prior to the meeting on Tuesday, please contact me 
or Hector.

In advance, I appreciate your time, energy and professionalism in this 
process.
---------------------- Forwarded by Brenda F Herod/HOU/ECT on 06/09/2000 
10:56 AM ---------------------------
   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Brenda F Herod                           06/05/2000 08:45 AM

To: Lisa Csikos/HOU/ECT@ECT, Daren J Farmer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mary M 
Smith/HOU/ECT@ECT, Rita Wynne/HOU/ECT@ECT, Steve Venturatos/HOU/ECT@ECT, Pat 
Clynes/Corp/Enron@ENRON, Michael Eiben/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: PRC Meeting Agenda Recap

FYI.  THe template to be used in our PRC process is below.  I am still trying 
to get clarification around the promotion discussion.  I will let you all 
know.
---------------------- Forwarded by Brenda F Herod/HOU/ECT on 06/05/2000 
08:43 AM ---------------------------
   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Hector McLoughlin                           06/02/2000 05:28 PM

To: Brenda F Herod/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Re: PRC Meeting Agenda Recap  

The accomplishments by 6/19 is for Directors and above - to Sally.  
Individual groups under Sally will probably set their deadlines PRIOR to the 
smaller PRC's.    That is correct.
I did not understand that Promotions are to be discussed prior to the meeting 
with Sally  Our notes indicate that Sally wanted some prior discussions on 
this subject.   nor did I understand that the employee had to be in their 
role for 1 year.  Our notes indicate that this would be the general rule of 
thumb.  I thought the Promotion discussion would be an agenda item of PRC.  
We believe that discussion of promotions will also occur at the PRC.   
Additionally, I understood the Mid-Year promotion listing would not be as 
extensive as year-end, maintaining the year-end as the primary promotion 
time. We understood the same.

   

	From:  Brenda F Herod @ ECT                           05/31/2000 07:37 PM

To: Hector McLoughlin/Corp/Enron@Enron
cc: Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kristin Albrecht/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sheila 
Glover/HOU/ECT@ECT, Michael E Moscoso/HOU/ECT@ECT, Eugenio Perez/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Scott Pleus/Enron Communications@Enron Communications, Brent A 
Price/HOU/ECT@ECT, Susan Harrison/HOU/ECT@ECT, Stephen P Schwarz/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Mary Solmonson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sheri Thomas/HOU/ECT@ECT, Robert 
Superty/HOU/ECT@ECT, Peggy Hedstrom/CAL/ECT@ECT, Shona Wilson/NA/Enron@Enron, 
Steve Jackson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jefferson D Sorenson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Norma 
Villarreal/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Re: PRC Meeting Agenda Recap  

I think I'm unclear on some points.  

The accomplishments by 6/19 is for Directors and above - to Sally.  
Individual groups under Sally will probably set their deadlines PRIOR to the 
smaller PRC's.
I did not understand that Promotions are to be discussed prior to the meeting 
with Sally nor did I understand that the employee had to be in their role for 
1 year.    I thought the Promotion discussion would be an agenda item of 
PRC.  Additionally, I understood the Mid-Year promotion listing would not be 
as extensive as year-end, maintaining the year-end as the primary promotion 
time.
 Can you clarify?  Thanks.

   
	Enron North America Corp.
	
	From:  Hector McLoughlin                           05/31/2000 06:07 PM

To: Sally Beck/HOU/ECT@ECT, Kristin Albrecht/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sheila 
Glover/HOU/ECT@ECT, Brenda F Herod/HOU/ECT@ECT, Michael E 
Moscoso/HOU/ECT@ECT, Eugenio Perez/HOU/ECT@ECT, Scott Pleus/Enron 
Communications@Enron Communications, Brent A Price/HOU/ECT, Susan 
Harrison/HOU/ECT@ECT, Stephen P Schwarz/HOU/ECT@ECT, Mary 
Solmonson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Sheri Thomas/HOU/ECT@ECT, Robert Superty/HOU/ECT@ECT, 
Peggy Hedstrom/CAL/ECT@ECT, Shona Wilson/NA/Enron@Enron, Steve 
Jackson/HOU/ECT@ECT, Jefferson D Sorenson/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc: Norma Villarreal/HOU/ECT@ECT 
Subject: PRC Meeting Agenda Recap

Please distribute the recap of the meeting to your managers. 
Thanks, hgm