Subject: Re: Big Cowboy for August
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 02:39:00 -0700 (PDT)

Mary:

Is the issue below confirmed volumes versus actual flow?  The large variance 
between confirmed and actuals began in June 2000 where 30 MMBtu was scheduled 
for Dix Ranch and zero for the Big Cowboy and Big Cowboy #2 wells.  It 
appears that the volumes for these wells were scheduled at Despain where 
985,350 MMBtu was confirmed.  This well has never flowed this much volume, 
and in June 2000 it flowed approximately 320,000 MMBtu.  Do we actually have 
support (i.e we talked with someone or have a nom sheet) for the 985,350 
MMBtu that was entered into MOPS as confirmed?  This trend of "nothing" being 
confirmed at these three wells continued until July 2000.  In August 2000 
this scenario changed and 612,388 was confirmed at Dix Ranch and nothing was 
scheduled at the Big Cowboy and Big Cowboy #2 wells.

From reading your memo below it also appears that more volume is flowing at 
these wells that we expected.  If the issue is an actual increase in the 
volumes flowing at these wells, I would suggest that you call our Gas 
Measurement department and ask them to audit Coral's charts. Coral may be is 
calculating the volumes incorrectly.

This could also be an allocations issue.  The allocation as it is in the 
System today closely agrees with the allocation statement that I receive 
monthly from Karen Lambert at Tejas.  The only differences between the Tejas 
schedule and what is in MOPS are the Acock production and Gain or Loss which 
are not scheduled and therefore not allocated.  I know that you are working 
on the Acock production and Tom Acton and I are working on the Gain/Loss.  
Tom will tell me how to path the gas so that I can set up accounting 
arrangements for April 1999 forward.  Scheduling will have analyze and 
possibly rework January through March 1999 because these months were 
originally set up in POPS.

I want to help, so if I have missed the issue(s) would you please clarify it 
or them for me and let me know if I need to do anything for you.  

Thanks,

Fred

Tom Acton@ENRON
09/28/2000 08:10 AM
To: Fred Boas/HOU/ECT@ECT
cc:  
Subject: Big Cowboy for August

---------------------- Forwarded by Tom Acton/Corp/Enron on 09/28/2000 08:09 
AM ---------------------------

Mary Poorman
09/27/2000 03:56 PM
To: Daren J Farmer/HOU/ECT@ECT, Tom Acton/Corp/Enron@ENRON
cc: Clem Cernosek/HOU/ECT@ECT, Howard B Camp/HOU/ECT@ECT 

Subject: Big Cowboy for August

Daren & Tom,

Beginning with August production, I noticed that Big Cowboy, into King Ranch 
appeared to be flowing approximately 9M over the nomination/day.  Per a 
conversation I had with Fred Boas today, I discovered that two wells with 
zero noms flowed a considerable volume.

They are as follows:

 Rocher Big Cowboy (27002) - 42,000 approx.
 Big Cowboy #2 (27003 - 84,000 approx.
  Total flow:  126,000 MM's, more or less

I think that this may be part of the production increase which we are trying 
to account for, in addition to the Acock production at the Briscoe well which 
came on in August.  Please let me know what you think.  I would like to make 
sure that we are capturing our purchases correctly for both accounting and 
our economics.

Thank you,

Mary