Subject: Re: Clipper Availability Edits
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

You asked if it was really true that the counters other than ST are stored in 
Visupro.   The answer is yes.   DT, RT, MT, EOT, LOT, and WOT are 
incrementing counters recorded in two Visupro files (one on a daily basis and 
the other on a 10 min basis).   

One final note.  The availability definition displayed by  Visupro is not the 
contractual availability.   It is what has been called Enron availability 
(EA).  I don't know if we want to make the point in the availability 
definition section of the Contract that the displayed availability may be 
different than the contractual definition.  This will eventually become an 
issue in a few months when the owners routinely consult the SCADA system 
without contacting EWC personnel.   Of course, we can make this point in 
written correspondence outside of the contract.   The important thing is that 
the owner is clear on what availability they are seeing as early as 
possible.  Existing project owners have confused what is displayed in SCADA 
vs what is reported in the final Owner's Report. 

From: Ilan Caplan on 04/17/2002 04:22 PM
To: Mark Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron, Hollis Kimbrough/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Mark V 
Walker/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Clipper Availability Edits

Hollis - 

Per our last phone call, I made the changes (in red) to the Clipper 
Availability to suite what I believe is a good definition for us 
(incorporates Mark(s) comments which I added).  Please review and comment so 
I can send this file on to Mark Eilers.  Please view this document in a 
Commercial light as spoke, thus looking at what favors EWC.  Please call to 
discuss.

Thanks,
Ilan

PS - Dave Schulgen put together a chart which outlines EWC maintenance costs 
per year for 1.5 maintenance.  His work indicates that 72 hours (rather than 
36/48) should be the standard (with an increase in the later years for 
additional work).  This is reflected in the attachment.