Subject: Availability Impact of Faults / Errors in 1.5 MW Turbine Projects
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:24:00 -0700 (PDT)

Executive Summary
AvailDocument is the deliverable given to Erik Ellis to support Business 
Development turbine sales efforts.  I send it you to expedite coordination 
between analysts and the Controller  Group.  Garth Ripton asked for feedback 
on an earlier draft of this table and Eric Ellis asked for it to be updated 
on how existing counters worked and reviewed for how counters should work.   
The document AvailDocumentcolor retains the same green and red coding 
initiated by Garth in the earlier draft.   The yellow coloring indicated 
changes or comments added by Mark Walker.  Paul Landers and Kim Nguyen were 
very helpful in gathering data on the existing result of faults and errors 
and I coordinated with two Field Crews to ensure that the counters were 
compatible with Field Ops requirements.   

One important result is that several counters cause the maintenance time 
counter to be incremented even though they also would be used for repairs.   
If the rotary switch on the controller panel is religiously set to "maint" or 
"repair" before all maintenances or repairs then there will not be any 
excessively large number of maintenance hours.  Field Operations will request 
further emphasis on using the rotary switch to ensure that availabilities are 
correct.