Subject: Re: Modification to down load VisuPro Z-Met data
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 09:19:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hollis,

Mark Fisher pulled up the original SUB 352-C, which defined the what and when 
for Zmet files.

At the time we did not have a complete information chain.  In my 
conversations with Garth (just confirmed), these two files are not 
overwritten and remain on the HD until deleted.  Therefor we have access to 
daily files for each day/month, and one monthly file.  When the rollover 
occurs, a new file name is started and the process starts again.

So, we could modify the current SUB to include only a monthly download and be 
more specific on where/how to store the files.  Currently these files are 
written into a MET folder under the Plant PC the Zmet is attached to in the 
field.  The downloads we receive sometimes separate out this directory so it 
appears on the Plant directory level, other times it is left as a 
sub-directory under the turbine Plant directory it is attached to.

Hope this helps

-JD

Hollis Kimbrough
05/14/2002 01:58 PM
To: Jeff Duff/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc: Mark V Walker/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Mark Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron 

Subject: Modification to down load VisuPro Z-Met data

Jeff,

Do you know how often we need to download the Z-Met data?  In other words, 
what are the file characteristics?  Do they overwrite every 3.4 days, are 
they a data stack which has 1000 records, etc.

Thanks,
Hollis
---------------------- Forwarded by Hollis Kimbrough/EWC/Enron on 05/14/2002 
02:11 PM ---------------------------

Hollis Kimbrough
05/14/2002 01:56 PM
To: Kelly Chambers/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc: Mark V Walker/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Mark Fisher/EWC/Enron@Enron, Jeff 
Duff/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Modification to down load VisuPro Z-Met data

Kelly,

We need to prepare an SUB to change the downloading requirement for the 
VisuPro data.  Specifically we need to include the Z-Met data (file and 
frequency) as well as a uniform methodology for file management.

Can we meet in the morning sometime to discuss?

Thanks,
Hollis