Subject: Re: April Availability
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 03:46:00 -0700 (PDT)

Ilan,

In order to calculate the VA we need the actual VisuPro counter data since we 
are using an assumed formula for the Vestas Availability.  (See attached for 
this year 2002 VA):

Note this report was an interim report and the "EA" values used for 
comparison does include the 90 day ramp up time and the Trent leaning towers.

With regard to the German turbines: If the German team has summarized data 
then we could make the calculation, with some simplifying assumptions, for 
the year 2001 on the German turbines and extend the graph.  By summarized 
data I am talking about a summation of each of the counter values for all of 
their turbines for all of the months during last year.  (This is not totally 
unreasonable, we could provide this data for turbines in the US very quickly 
but that is because we have the data in an Oracle database.)  

If, however, the data comes to us as individual VisuPro files it would be 
impossible to assimilate and produce the report before AWEA.  In fact I would 
not recommend trying to produce this number even after AWEA because of the 
complexity of the process.

We will pose the question to the German team but I am not optimistic that 
they have summarized counter data.

Best Regards,
Hollis

*  One simplifying assumption goes back to the fact the European VisuPro 
SCADA system has 4 counters which are defined differently than the 7 US 
counters.  We would need to assume the German grid never went down and was 
always available.  If we were unable to make this assumption then we would 
need to load all the error messages from each individual turbine in Germany 
and isolate the time associated with grid events (i.e. error messages 8 
Overvoltage 9 "Undervoltage", 10 "Underfrequency", 11 "Overfrequency", 116 
"Line fault voltage", 117 "Line fault frequency") and back that time out of 
RT and apply it to SOT.  

From: Ilan Caplan on 05/17/2002 09:29 AM
To: Benjamin Bell/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc: Hollis Kimbrough/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Mark V Walker/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Re: April Availability  

Ben - 

Two issues remain, in order to graph the data as you requested:

1) 2001 Vestas Availability would need to be calculated,

2) We don't have the VA calculation for Germany, only the US. 

I will put a graph together, nonetheless.

Hollis -  Is it possible to get the two questions above answered?  

Thanks,
Ilan

Benjamin Bell
05/16/2002 06:56 PM
Sent by: Benjamin Bell
To: Ilan Caplan/EWC/Enron@Enron
cc: Mark Eilers/EWC/Enron@ENRON, Alan Nueman/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Re: April Availability  

Nice work IIan.  Would it be possible to get it in graphical form like you 
did on 05/14?  I would like to use a chart of the Vestas Availability on the 
GEWE 1.5 at AWEA 2002.  Best regards, Ben