Subject: Re: Desert Sky
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 05:22:00 -0700 (PDT)

The contractual availability definition in the owner report  is the same used 
throughout 2002 and implements the contractual availability definition upon 
which annual availability warranty calculations are based.  Contractual 
availability is defined (Survey - DT -RT -MT - LOT)/(Survey - LOT - 
MTprorated) where Survey is the maximum possible number of hours in the 
calendar period and MTprorated is the percent of the 48 hours of maintenance 
per year credit that can be taken credit for.    DT, RT, MT, and LOT are 
controller counters that accumulate the hours, to the nearest second, that 
the turbine is in a downtime fault, repairtime, maintenance time, or line out 
condition.   The DT, RT, MT, and LOT values are corrected for communication 
loss at the beginning and ending of the time period of interest.  The 
correction is based on counter values in the next or previous time interval 
and is not based on an assumed 90% of communication loss rule.

I assume that Mr Marshall means wind direction curtailment by his phrase 
"columnar shut-down".   The wind direction curtailment is not yet implemented 
in the field and therefore there are no downtime losses.  The curtailment 
info sent earlier by Mark Fisher was "utility" and not "wind direction 
curtailment".

W.C. Marshall, as per the note below,  has already provided the availability 
figures for Jan and Feb 2002.

The performance testing results must come from Engineering.  System 
Performance Group is not involved.

The transfer function to compute m/s windspeed for the NRG #40 anemometers is 
(0.765*Hz)+0.35.

Kurt Anderson
05/28/2002 08:41 AM
To: Bo Thisted/EWC/Enron@Enron, Mark V Walker/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc: Hollis Kimbrough/EWC/Enron@ENRON 

Subject: Desert Sky

Bo and Mark, I need some help on the note below. Please review Ward's e-mail 
below and provide the information and or explanation as appropriate.

I am tied up on another project and would really appreciate your help, please 
call if you have any questions.

Thank you

KA 

---------------------- Forwarded by Kurt Anderson/EWC/Enron on 05/28/2002 
08:51 AM ---------------------------

[email-masked] on 05/28/2002 06:49:26 AM
To: [email-masked]
cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked] 

Subject: Desert Sky

Can you help me find the following information for Peter Simpson. ?I have 
attached the April Status Report which should answer the Jan and Feb 
availability question. 

Renee.............Kurt may need to know what availability and wind speed data 
was sent to Peter. 

The following information would also be helpful:

- definition of the availability figure given in the monthly
availability report, in particular the definition of the numerator shown
in the spreadsheet;

- duration of down-time due to columnar shut-down;

- availability figures for January and February 2002; 

- if available, any results from performance testing undertaken to date;

- the transfer functions that have been applied to the wind speed data
provided.

Regards,

Peter Simpson 

Ward C. Marshall
Director, Business Development
AEP Energy Services, Inc.

Office (614) 583-6607
Fax ? ? (614) 583-1627
Cell ? ? (614) 736-6022

Mailing Address:
PO Box 16036
Columbus, OH 43216-0036

Physical Address:
155 W. Nationwide Blvd.
Suite 500
Columbus, OH 43215
 - 0402 Desert Sky Monthly Site Report[1].pdf