Subject: Re: Turbine 9
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 23:33:00 -0700 (PDT)

I am not aware of any offsite guidance to use virtual mode for other than 
short duration troubleshooting.   Turbine 9 was in virtual mode for 
approximately 40 hours.  This will have the appearance of improperly 
manipulating availability so that it is higher than it should be.  The owner 
would argue that the turbine should have been left faulted offline or the 
repair switch thrown.  System Performance Group will see if we can assess how 
prevelent this was at Mill Run when there were no gaps in 10 minute data.   
It is possible that this virtual mode use was rare or of little practical 
effect. I am not going to mention this to anyone outside of Systems 
Performance Group & Joe Thorpe until we know how prevelent it was.

Joe Thorpe
05/31/2002 06:09 AM
To: Mark V Walker/EWC/Enron@ENRON
cc:  

Subject: Turbine 9

Mark,
 I talked to the employee that preformed the late night operations, and he 
confirmed that he put the turbine in virtual mode on the night the turbine 
faulted. This was not corrected until the crews were instructed to put the 
turnine into repair mode to perform the repairs. This has been addressed and 
all personnel understand the repercussions. If there are any other questions 
please let me know.