Subject: Zilkha Availability
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 09:48:00 -0700 (PDT)

Kurt,
 Per our phone conversation, Mark Fisher and myself have been discussing 
availability with Gary from Zilkha. A question arose regarding the many 
operations of our breaker in the pad mounted transformer that took place 
December through March. Gary's thought is that when we recalculate the 
availability, we need to count these times as down time and not Line Out 
Hours as they have currently been counted. I suggested that according to 
Exhibit GG in the TSIA, LOH is defined in short as any time the grid does not 
meet "(i) the specifications required by the WTG as set forth in the 
Technical Specifications", and Gary agrees with this. The problem is that an 
engineering change on the breaker settings was implemented some time in March 
to reduce the number of breaker operations on site. We are still seeing many 
grid faults in the turbine but not in the PMT breaker. The question that Gary 
brought up is were the original settings of the breaker set to the WTG 
Technical Specifications and operating due to the on going grid conditions OR 
were the settings improper to start with causing the breaker to operate while 
the grid was within Technical Specifications.