Subject: GEWE PIA's
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

Afternoon All,

NEW PIAs

I know many of you have been very anxious to get your arms around a new GE 
confidentiality agreement.  I am attaching the following:

1.  Mutual Nondisclosure Agreement.  This is to be used with clients for 
potential transactions and for the exchange of information where the third 
party will not be designing a product and where we do not expect to own that 
design.

2.  Proprietary Rights and Nondisclosure Agreement.  This is to be used with 
engineers and vendors where they will be producing product for us that we 
consider to be GE Wind work product.  For example, if we engage an engineer 
to design something for us where we expect to own that design.

FILLING THEM OUT

It is very important that the PIAs be properly completed.  For the most part 
that just means filling in the third parties name in the first paragraph and 
in the signature block.  However, there is one important variation with the 
Mutual Nondisclosure Agreement, you are required to fill in a description of 
the transaction that you are working on with the third party. 

Examples:

manufacture and procurement of main shafts
sale of GE wind turbines to the Company
general development opportunities with the Company using GE wind turbines
sale of GE wind turbines to the Company for XYZ Project

IMPORTANT DIFFERENCES FROM EWC'S FORM

Please keep in mind that the GE form requires you to follow up with a written 
letter as to any verbal conversation you had with someone where you discussed 
confidential information or you took someone on a visual site tour.  So if 
you discuss something about our turbines that if put in writing we would 
consider confidential, you must send a quick letter following up that 
conversation and notifying them that the information is subject to this 
agreement.  Also, if you take someone on a site tour where they are privy to 
confidential information, you must follow up with a letter.   I will come up 
with a basic letter that you can keep and fill in the blanks and send out 
whenever the situation arises.  Please keep in mind that these agreements are 
only as good as the documentation that backs them so be diligent in your 
efforts.  

LEGAL REVIEW OF PIAs/ GETTING YOUR PIA SIGNED

If you do not make any changes to the text of the PIA, you do not need to 
seek legal review prior to having it signed by GE Wind Energy LLC.  GE Wind 
is still working on signing authority and we should have further clarity 
soon.  Until then, all persons who were vice-presidents of EWC are able to 
sign PIAs.  Of course, Colleen Repplier can also sign.  For your convenience, 
here are a list of the most likely signatories in the U.S.:

Bob Gates
Michael Miller
Bob Rugh
Craig Christenson
Michael Westbeld
Ben Bell
Jeff Maurer

WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR SIGNED PIAs

1.  Please send a signed copy to Maya Arthur who will scan the PIA onto the 
system and maintain a data bank of PIAs that everyone can access.   This will 
avoid the situation where we don't know if a customer or vendor has signed 
one yet or not.  I believe once we have acess to the GE network, we can post 
these directly on the system.

2.  Send the original to legal.

WHAT ABOUT THE PIAs SIGNED WITH EWC

We did our best to find and assign all PIAs that were signed with EWC.  
However, many are old and frankly, it just makes sense going forward to sign 
up new PIAs.  This avoids a situation where you are banking on a previously 
signed PIA that fell threw the cracks and wasn't assigned.  I would recommend 
that you starting signing up new PIAs as you go.

QUESTIONS

Give me a call.  V.